Husband and father stays up all night

• Thread starter Thread starter Pisces1984
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not expect anyone here to solve anything, but I did naively hope that more would point out the obvious fact that this is lazy and irresponsible
It may very well be laziness and irresponsibility. But – if this were my family, I would start with getting him to a doctor for a thorough checkup, and a screening for depression. There could by underlying causes. Note I said could be, not are.
Then you can have a better picture of where to go from there.

Last edited:
You know, I am reminded of a thread where a SAHM was writing that her husband spent all his nonworking time playing video games, and he was roundly condemned by most posters. Then the husband wrote in; he wrote that what his wife posted wasn’t true, and that he’d come across the thread while checking her computer usage because she didn’t clean up the house or supervise their kids well.

There were no winners in that thread, OP. I hope that the posters were able to work things out and salvage their marriage, but the posts and the replies piling on the husband just weren’t helpful at all.

I had so many bits of (hopefully) wisdom but that tone of sarcasm has no place in a marriage.
Like everyone has mentioned, this is a case for marriage counseling and also an SOS to someone who can care for the children.
As usual it’s a case of them both being a lil bit wrong and a lil bit right as the Monkees would say but more of a LOT not a lil!

Umm…what does this have to do with my post? I was replying to the comment that the OP’s problem was the “reversal of traditional roles”. It had nothing to do with how long students need to study each day.
In replying to a theme running through this thread, your post was the last before mine.

Umm…(?)
I was pointing out that even though home schooling can be well done and productive regardless of who is teaching, a homeschooling classroom should be following a set regime and a substantial number of hours a day.
The welfare of these children is questionable as they are being left to their own devices from early morning until noon.
Sending people for health checks and investigating reasons for the given situation is well advised, however it does nothing to address the immediate concerns for these children in education and supervision.
Role reversal or not, these children need to be in school and these parents need to start adulting and making the children’s welfare the priority.

I hope both parents are reading this, turn to each other and problem solve 2 immediate problems that are all about the children and not about their personal relationship.

Last edited:
Foam earplugs and a good sleep mask, even sleeping in another room, assures you are well rested for work.

He is an adult. Staying up late and sleeping til noon are problematic only if it is putting the kids at risk. There is also a chance he has untreated insomnia which is sheer torture. Just talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back