G
GeorgiaPeach
Guest
Life as I know it hangs by a thread; I am broken hearted and refuse to give up on our marriage. How do I get through this?
Background:
As it stands now we are going through the reconciliation process, but he still has the tendency to become disconnected. He’ll snap back and he gets back to normal. This roller coaster has taken a toll on me emotionally and he feels intense guilt for putting me through this. He is going to decide in a couple of weeks what he is going to do regarding staying or getting a divorce. Our relationship (minus his confusion) is great…we are kind and loving to each other and rarely argue, we enjoy each other’s company, and we have not other stresses in our marriage. He tells me he loves me and I am the perfect wife – doing everything right. I can see the pain and confusion in his eyes, my heart breaks for him too. The war has really changed him and his outlook on life. He is still a great husband nontheless.
It is very bothersome to him that he has these feeling that make him want to be single. I believe with all my heart he wants them to go away. I just think it will take time for him to get himself fixed.
Right now I feel so lost. He is gone a lot so it is hard to stay connected. Mentally this is taking a toll on me. I started antidepressants a few months ago to help numb the pain and put on a strong front for him. When I get overly emotional it only makes him feel guilty and pull away. The harder I hang on, the more I love him.
Pray gets me through the day. As much as I want to hang on, I feel like I’m near my breaking point.
Any (name removed by moderator)ut/advice/encouragement/prayers would be much appreciated.
Background:
- Married for 17 years, engaged for 4 (during college)
- 3 children ages 4, 13, and 14
- Husband is a military officer of 17 years and has been deployed over 34 months
- He is a great husband & great father
- No infidelity
As it stands now we are going through the reconciliation process, but he still has the tendency to become disconnected. He’ll snap back and he gets back to normal. This roller coaster has taken a toll on me emotionally and he feels intense guilt for putting me through this. He is going to decide in a couple of weeks what he is going to do regarding staying or getting a divorce. Our relationship (minus his confusion) is great…we are kind and loving to each other and rarely argue, we enjoy each other’s company, and we have not other stresses in our marriage. He tells me he loves me and I am the perfect wife – doing everything right. I can see the pain and confusion in his eyes, my heart breaks for him too. The war has really changed him and his outlook on life. He is still a great husband nontheless.
It is very bothersome to him that he has these feeling that make him want to be single. I believe with all my heart he wants them to go away. I just think it will take time for him to get himself fixed.
Right now I feel so lost. He is gone a lot so it is hard to stay connected. Mentally this is taking a toll on me. I started antidepressants a few months ago to help numb the pain and put on a strong front for him. When I get overly emotional it only makes him feel guilty and pull away. The harder I hang on, the more I love him.
Pray gets me through the day. As much as I want to hang on, I feel like I’m near my breaking point.
Any (name removed by moderator)ut/advice/encouragement/prayers would be much appreciated.
