HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE temper

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lucky10279
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m 14. I don’t think my parents would want saying how old my siblings are over the internet.
 
👍

Jakasaki is totally correct to ask these questions. They’re very valid to the discussion.

I don’t get this-it’s an anonymous forum. People confess all sorts of sins/problems, but they won’t tell you their age?
Honestly, Lucky doesn’t have to tell his age if he doesn’t want to. It is obvious that they are minors.
 
Honestly, Lucky doesn’t have to tell his age if he doesn’t want to. It is obvious that they are minors.
No, Lucky doesn’t have to tell us anything, but then we can’t give advice to help them either. The advice you’d give to a 14 year old is much different to that of a 41 year old.
 
What…???

Mad plus confused equals banging your head…??

Up above I inquired about your age - can you also specify the ages of siblings, male/female…

Thanks!
Mad + confused= really really mad.
 
Although I’m not comfortable saying thier ages I will say that I have one brother and three sisters.
 
I’m 14. I don’t think my parents would want saying how old my siblings are over the internet.
Alrighty then -

You’re 14 and since in your earlier post you claimed that you argue with your siblings which are younger than you.

So, yeah - you should know better and that YOU are older/wiser sis/bro to them.

It sounds like you are confrontational with your parents. You should respect them at all costs and do your best to oblige them.

Remember - your parents where once 14 as well. The problem with “some” teens today think they have the whole world in the little pinkie.

They don’t fess up to their irresponsible ways - they think they know better.

You have no idea what’s in your parents head when you argue with them.

They could be thinking about how to pay for something when there is no money in the bank.

They could be thinking about the economy and they hope they don’t lose their job since they have a family to feed & support.

I never - ever got into any fights with my parents during my teen years. Even as a young adult. They provided for me and guided me.

I knew as a young child that if I was a nasty child to my parents, all of my privileges would be taken away.

I never ever had a consequence as a teen - never had anything taken away as punishment.

You need to calm down, respect & be thankful for what you have.

You should count your blessings every day.

As a 14 year old reading this, I can see you “rolling your eyes”… blah… blah… blah…!!!

😉

Take care Lucky
 
Honestly, Lucky doesn’t have to tell his age if he doesn’t want to. It is obvious that they are minors.
Josh, we have quite a few “minors” here in CAF - Lucky isn’t the first & Lucky won’t be the last.

As another poster said.

It’s different repling to a 14 year old vs a 41 year old.

Just like I asked you in your “moving out” thread about your age.
 
Alrighty then -

You’re 14 and since in your earlier post you claimed that you argue with your siblings which are younger than you.

So, yeah - you should know better and that YOU are older/wiser sis/bro to them.

It sounds like you are confrontational with your parents. You should respect them at all costs and do your best to oblige them.

Remember - your parents where once 14 as well. The problem with “some” teens today think they have the whole world in the little pinkie.

They don’t fess up to their irresponsible ways - they think they know better.

You have no idea what’s in your parents head when you argue with them.

They could be thinking about how to pay for something when there is no money in the bank.

They could be thinking about the economy and they hope they don’t lose their job since they have a family to feed & support.

I never - ever got into any fights with my parents during my teen years. Even as a young adult. They provided for me and guided me.

I knew as a young child that if I was a nasty child to my parents, all of my privileges would be taken away.

I never ever had a consequence as a teen - never had anything taken away as punishment.

You need to calm down, respect & be thankful for what you have.

You should count your blessings every day.

As a 14 year old reading this, I can see you “rolling your eyes”… blah… blah… blah…!!!

😉

Take care Lucky
Why do people always have to see it from the parents point of vew? :confused::confused::confused::confused: Sometimes I try to imagine what I looked like fighting but I always see my parents and how my dad YELLS YELLS YELLS.
 
Why do people always have to see it from the parents point of vew? :confused::confused::confused::confused: Sometimes I try to imagine what I looked like fighting but I always see my parents and how my dad YELLS YELLS YELLS.
When my old man yelled at me, it’s because he loved me. He loved me enough to be mad when I did something stupid/needed to be yelled at. I didn’t get it at 14, nor at 21. I finally see it now, and I’m 31 years old. He probable yelled at me about three times in my life. Looking back, I got off light. He should have belted me (which he never did).

No, I’m not saying your dad is perfect-no one is.
 
If your dad yells, yells, and yells then this should be something that you want to learn not to do. It could be for any number of reasons but just like any other sin it is not up for you to take inventory and judge him it is up for you to take inventory and work on you.

What I would suggest is that you see your priest about your temper and see if he can get you some information on Catholic Charities and some of the services they have to offer. In some states minors can receive mental health counseling for these kinds of issues without parental consent or he can help you talk to your parents about getting some help. If it is bad enough that you are talking about rash things like moving out at 14 then you need to deal with it now before this has bigger consequences as an adult. God bless you for recognizing it.
 
Why do people always have to see it from the parents point of vew? :confused::confused::confused::confused: Sometimes I try to imagine what I looked like fighting but I always see my parents and how my dad YELLS YELLS YELLS.
People look at from the parents side because we’ve all been there. It’s called life and experience.

Please don’t tell me that you are sitting nice & pretty on the couch, minding your own business and dad just for the heck of it, comes alongs and starts YELLING… YELLING… YELLING at you…!!!

For every action, there is a re-action.

You haven’t been specific about what he yells at you about.
 
People look at from the parents side because we’ve all been there. It’s called life and experience.

Please don’t tell me that you are sitting nice & pretty on the couch, minding your own business and dad just for the heck of it, comes alongs and starts YELLING… YELLING… YELLING at you…!!!

For every action, there is a re-action.

You haven’t been specific about what he yells at you about.
Actually he has, because there are times when some fight happened that I had nothing to do with and he assumed that I did. I guess this isn’t the problem though because it does not happen often and he stopped when he realized that I wasn’t involved. And how do parents expect to get there kids to listen if they never look at the kid/teen’s point of view. They want me to look at it from THIER point of view (which I try to) but they won’t look at it from my point of view. How is that just? They don’t get it. My dad was the youngest of 2 kids my mom was the oldest of 3. I am the oldest of 5. My mom claims that she NEVER got in trouble except for things like not picking up the bathmat after her shower (which she thinks was unfair).
 
He yells when we get in a fight.
What I said stands. Maybe you should speak to your priest. Maybe family counseling is in order. It may be your issue. It may be his issue. It may be both. But we can’t sort it out online -we can only support and pray for you as it is hard to get both sides of what is going on. It could be that there are many other things going on that your dad is not sharing with you. Have you spoken to your priest about getting real help?
 
Also sometime he will get mad just because the room was a mess from my siblings and I didn’t pick up it up. And it’s not suposed to be one of my chores, and NO he had not just told me to pick it earlier. And it’s not like I have any authority over them to tell them not to make the mess. I’m sorry but they make messes CONSTANLY and I’m not gonna pick them up every time I see them without even being told to.
 
What I said stands. Maybe you should speak to your priest. Maybe family counseling is in order. It may be your issue. It may be his issue. It may be both. But we can’t sort it out online -we can only support and pray for you as it is hard to get both sides of what is going on. It could be that there are many other things going on that your dad is not sharing with you. Have you spoken to your priest about getting real help?
We talked to a preist about it. And we are seeing a counselor too, but it’s not helping.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top