F
francesca_gen
Guest
…because I haven’t posted much and I feel like a self-indulgent prima donna here, but…
Everything is a mess. My emotional health is crumbling. I emailed my therapist but she will be of no use signing papers to allow me intermittent time off work (she has to ask my psychiatrist, who is of the opinion that despite my bipolar diagnosis and my previous hospitalization, all I need is “a new job.” ).So there’s that.
And yeah, I *do *need a new job but at the moment that’s about #10 on the crisis list. Currently I have a manager I like and although I’m buried under paperwork, so is everyone else, so at least I don’t feel I’m going to get singled out!
My family life (I have only sisters and their husbands and kids) has fallen entirely apart. It’s been made quite clear how I do not belong with them. I know that we’d save each other from homelessness or disaster, but that’s about it. And that makes me sad, even as in a way it’s freeing.
And saving the most important for last, I feel like I have no faith whatsoever. OK, maybe a shred of faith. But my meltdown today with one of my sisters showed my lack of any kind of spiritual maturity, and how hard it is for me to be charitable in the face of rejection, and how envy still plays a large role in my life.
I realize these are first-world, non-life-threatening (well, except maybe the depression) situations, but they’re making me ill!
At the moment I can’t form a prayer to save my life, so of your charity I would humbly request a prayer from you…
Thanks,
Francesca
Everything is a mess. My emotional health is crumbling. I emailed my therapist but she will be of no use signing papers to allow me intermittent time off work (she has to ask my psychiatrist, who is of the opinion that despite my bipolar diagnosis and my previous hospitalization, all I need is “a new job.” ).So there’s that.
And yeah, I *do *need a new job but at the moment that’s about #10 on the crisis list. Currently I have a manager I like and although I’m buried under paperwork, so is everyone else, so at least I don’t feel I’m going to get singled out!
My family life (I have only sisters and their husbands and kids) has fallen entirely apart. It’s been made quite clear how I do not belong with them. I know that we’d save each other from homelessness or disaster, but that’s about it. And that makes me sad, even as in a way it’s freeing.
And saving the most important for last, I feel like I have no faith whatsoever. OK, maybe a shred of faith. But my meltdown today with one of my sisters showed my lack of any kind of spiritual maturity, and how hard it is for me to be charitable in the face of rejection, and how envy still plays a large role in my life.
I realize these are first-world, non-life-threatening (well, except maybe the depression) situations, but they’re making me ill!
At the moment I can’t form a prayer to save my life, so of your charity I would humbly request a prayer from you…
Thanks,
Francesca

