I cannot do the 5 first saturdays. I am going to hell.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BobCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus said, “The measure you measure with will be measured back to you.” So, God sees your efforts and will reward you accordingly, so long as you don’t give up.

In the Mass, the Priest prays that Our Lord will not judge us according to our merits, but according to the Faith of His Church.

So, don’t give up and keep trying. “By your perseverence, you will preserve your souls.”
 
Hi, God loves to see your determination to succeed. Talk to any priest just like many posters already adviced, you would be amazed to know from their various responses that Jesus was already waiting for your questions to give you His answers of love.
I learnt that one can go to communion on sunday if one missed out on the first saturday and that if not possible, at least sometime during the following week. Even confession can be shifted to when possible but the important thing is to sort things out as soon as possible.
Another important thing is your heart of love and determination to please God. So don’t beat yourself up regarding having missed out the 15 mins meditation, all you need do is do it as soon as you remember you missed it. I missed the last one due to no fault of mine, I’ll start again. And do several sets as time goes on because there is no end to prayers.
Set an alarm or reminder to enable you recall what you need do just incase you forgot any vital info once you start the devotion again.
See more info here and remain blessed :):

newtheologicalmovement.blogspot.com/2012/05/fatima-devotion-of-five-first-saturdays.html?m=1

themostholyrosary.com/appendix2.htm

queenofangelscatholicchurch.org/FirstFriSat

For St. Joseph’s first 9 wednesdays:

catholictradition.org/Joseph/joseph5.htm
 
You’re right. Who am I to reach out to Catholics for help? It is not God’s will anyway. Nobody can help me, so I’m doomed. Sorry for being so worthless. I’ll be leaving now.
You’re not reaching out for help, you’re looking for confirmation of your incorrect view of God. You won’t find that here, and you’ve relentlessly shunned all the help and support that this community has tried to give you over the years.

If you refuse to listen to anybody but the Evil One concerning these matters (for it’s he that’s whispering despair into your ear), I can’t make you do otherwise, and I won’t lose sleep trying.
 
I am working through a series of CD’s by Joyce Meyer that you may find helpful called:
“The Power of Words”.

Joyce explains how our words can effect our future. So it is important to start speaking about yourself, and your future, as if the future you want – has already happened. There are some passages in Isaiah that you can use as affirmations:

Isaiah 45:2, 45:24, 40:31.

When you feel discouraged, repeat these scripture based affirmations and use the prayer to St. Michael.

Preemptively speaking in this manner will head off the negative language that can cause a negative future.

Also, daily time spent in prayer and the Bible is essential as is regular Mass attendance and the sacraments.

I think your main issue is to stop the negative self-talk.

It is very easy to fall into this trap. I have found that the best way to prevent it from happening is preemptive action (daily time with God and + affirmations / St. Michael prayer when discouraged).

Good luck.
 
The reason I think I’m going to hell is because I cannot obtain the grace of final perseverance.

Without that grace, I’m doomed.
 
I like the idea of helping a homeless guy.
I can’t help myself, so how can I help others? I’d be a hypocrite. No thanks.
Think: since you can not do it, what does this mean? Does it mean that you are going to Hell because you can not work your way in to Heaven? at enough to work his way in to Heaven, and God is not so small than he can not save them.
No, it means I cannot obtain the grace of final perseverance, so I’m doomed. That’s what it means.
Bob, nobody said that. The fact that you’re seeing people’s advice that way shows that they’re right - you need to take some deep breaths and make an appointment to see your priest.
Which priest should I see? The one who preaches heresy from the pulpit? The one who has puts prayers for legalization of gay marriage? The one who is pushing for legalization of illegal aliens? The one who wears a rainbow sash at mass? I live in an area full of CINO churches. I can’t find any decent priests around here.
 
I can’t help myself, so how can I help others? I’d be a hypocrite. No thanks.
The homeless person you just helped feed doesn’t care if you think of yourself as a hypocrite. No excuses. Just do it. Pull yourself outside of yourself, stop thinking of yourself, stop thinking that the world and all of its suffering is focused entirely on you, and do it.
No, it means I cannot obtain the grace of final perseverance, so I’m doomed. That’s what it means.
Ding-dong, you’re wrong. 😉 See above posts.
Which priest should I see? The one who preaches heresy from the pulpit? The one who has puts prayers for legalization of gay marriage? The one who is pushing for legalization of illegal aliens? The one who wears a rainbow sash at mass? I live in an area full of CINO churches. I can’t find any decent priests around here.
Get a-hold of one of the priests here on CAF. Put your questions to Fr. Serpa.
 
Trust me, if you love jesus, and knew that he died for your sins (there were many), you’ll evade hell.
Read the sermon of St. Leonard. I don’t stand a chance.
If I were a betting man - I would bet that every person on this board could describe their own life, or portions of their lives, in similar terms. Feeling lost, feeling alone, feeling without consolation from God, feeling “unloved”, feeling taken advantage of by others…the list could go on…
I’m sure others have their sufferings. But I don’t take comfort in knowing others suffer. I am not a sadist. Knowing others suffer confirms my worries even more.
Or just carry the green scapular of Mary and each day say “Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for us now and at the hour of our death” with trust in her. She said that those who do that will die a peaceful death.
Where do I get one of these scapulars? And I have to do this the rest of my life. If I can’t do 5 first saturdays, my forgetfulness will cause me to fail at this daily prayer too.
Remember. Hunger for the Lord is also very purifying.
Hunger that is not satisfied is not a good thing. If God is pushing me away, my hunger will never be satisfied.
Jesus said, “The measure you measure with will be measured back to you.” So, God sees your efforts and will reward you accordingly, so long as you don’t give up.

In the Mass, the Priest prays that Our Lord will not judge us according to our merits, but according to the Faith of His Church.

So, don’t give up and keep trying. “By your perseverence, you will preserve your souls.”
That’s the problem. I CANNOT DO IT. I’m an utter failure, no matter how many attempts I make, I can’t do this. I can’t do this relatively simple devotion, so how can I do other things? It is like saying “don’t worry, you failed 1st grade, this college class is a breeze”
You’re not reaching out for help, you’re looking for confirmation of your incorrect view of God. You won’t find that here, and you’ve relentlessly shunned all the help and support that this community has tried to give you over the years.
.
I’m not looking for confirmation of my beliefs. If I believe wrong, please show me where I am wrong. I want God to love me again. But he keeps saying no to reasonable requests. 12 years underemployment, no amount of praying will get me a job. Not God’s will, game over.

Luke 14:33

Luke 14:33 In the same way, everyone of you who does not renounce all his possessions cannot be my disciple.

Since I am a layman, who has possessions, it is clear I have offended Jesus. He doesn’t want me as a disciple. He has rejected me. I discerned a calling to be married and to be a father, but God acts like I am required to have a vow of poverty because he refuses to get me a job, no matter how many times I ask. It is clear now I made a mistake and should have been in a religious order.
Isaiah 45:2, 45:24, 40:31.

When you feel discouraged, repeat these scripture based affirmations and use the prayer to St. Michael.
Isaiah 45:1: The entire chapter 45 is to Cyrus, not to me.
Isaiah 40:31 will take place in the afterlife, not here in the temporal sphere. God only wants me to suffer. That’s his will, and there’s nothing I can do about it. No amount of prayer will help.
 
I’m not looking for confirmation of my beliefs. If I believe wrong, please show me where I am wrong. I want God to love me again. But he keeps saying no to reasonable requests. 12 years underemployment, no amount of praying will get me a job. Not God’s will, game over.
Seriously, pick up a Bible and read Job. It’s one of my favorite books of the Bible, actually, and seems incredibly pertinent right now.

But again. God is not out to get you. God does not hate you. God IS Love, and loves us all.
Luke 14:33
Luke 14:33 In the same way, everyone of you who does not renounce all his possessions cannot be my disciple.
Since I am a layman, who has possessions, it is clear I have offended Jesus. He doesn’t want me as a disciple. He has rejected me. I discerned a calling to be married and to be a father, but God acts like I am required to have a vow of poverty because he refuses to get me a job, no matter how many times I ask. It is clear now I made a mistake and should have been in a religious order.
I direct you to the Carmelites, specifically the lay order. Carmelites practice poverty, but as I understand it, lay order Carmelites treat that as not spending excessively, as opposed to actually living the stereotypical vow of poverty. And the thing is, that’s also a valid way of following that command. We don’t all have to drop everything and live vows of poverty. Some people are called to do so, but for the rest of us, using money responsibly and not getting too attached to worldly possessions is just fine.
Isaiah 45:1: The entire chapter 45 is to Cyrus, not to me.
Isaiah 40:31 will take place in the afterlife, not here in the temporal sphere. God only wants me to suffer. That’s his will, and there’s nothing I can do about it. No amount of prayer will help.
  1. Okay, so Isaiah 45 is addressed to Cyrus. That doesn’t mean it’s not still applicable.
  2. Where are you getting that Isa 40:31 is in the afterlife?
  3. I will be brutally honest here. If you think this is bad, Hell is much, much worse. God is still with you! Things can and will get better.

Okay, now for some advice of my own, that’s not just a reply.
  1. Once again, you should read Job.
  2. Try getting in the habit of reading the Bible. Catholicism is not a spectator sport. The Coming Home Network has a delightful plan for reading through the Bible in a year. link Alternatively, I made a variation of a Protestant plan to actually include deuterocanon. 10 chapters/day and can be found here. (Read 1 chapter/day from each list, starting back at the beginning of a list whenever you finish one)
  3. More verses you can look up: Psalms 51, 84, 111, 116, and 148, Daniel 3, and Deuteronomy 32. (I really just paged back through the Psalter in the Divine Office and named canticles that seemed relevant)
 
Okay, well. Enjoy the prison you’re making for yourself, Bob. :(🤷
 
Bob,

Respectfully, I believe you have made a serious error in your interpretation of the 5 first Saturday devotion. According to the revelation, which is not binding on any Catholic, Our Lady promises her assistance at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation. However, she does not guarantee eternal salvation itself. I’ve seen some pretty misleading websites on the subject so do not fall for everything you read on the subject. Doing a work that guarantees salvation is contrary to authentic Church teaching.

You appear to be seeing this devotion as some magic salvation formula. First of all, this particular devotion comes from a private revelation-- it MAY or MAY NOT be an authentic apparition of Our Lady. It has been deemed worthy of devotion and if seen in the right light, can help us to come closer to Jesus. That is why the Church approved it. You appear not to be seeing it in the right light. The reason this is so clear is that you are placing your salvation on your works (doing the 5 first Saturday devotion successfully) and not on Jesus Christ.

You clearly know that we must die in a state of grace to go to heaven. What do we need to do in order to receive grace? First, we must be baptized. Are you? Second, we must have faith in Jesus Christ. Do you? Third, you must repent of your sins and walk in the way of Jesus. We Catholics (and Orthodox) are privileged to have Sacramental life. It is through the Sacraments that we receive soul transforming grace. Jesus said if you do not drink His Blood or eat His flesh, you have no life in you. So, communion with our Lord is receiving LIFE. The Sacrament of Confession is also critically important in our faith journey. Here we are washed clean in the Blood of the Lamb and we are healed.

Let me give you some advice. Put all your faith in Jesus. Go to the Sacraments as frequently as you can. Pray often and read the Scriptures. If you can participate in Marian devotion in the right light, then that’s fine too. But only follow devotions (there are many others) if they are bringing you closer to Jesus. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus. If you stumble and fall, let Him forgive you, by asking for His forgiveness.

PS. Fear and despair are tools of the enemy; they are not from the Lord. If these are things that are constantly on your mind, you need to get on the spiritual warfare my friend.
 
Seriously, pick up a Bible and read Job. It’s one of my favorite books of the Bible, actually, and seems incredibly pertinent right now.

But again. God is not out to get you. God does not hate you. God IS Love, and loves us all.
God brags about Job to satan. Seriously?

Then allows Satan to hurt Job.

God not out to get me? He’s not exactly trying to help me with underemployment…12 years and counting…
  1. Okay, so Isaiah 45 is addressed to Cyrus. That doesn’t mean it’s not still applicable.
It applies to him alone. Or do I also have the right to bind and loose (Matthew 18) or the keys to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 16)? Of course I don’t. Those verses don’t apply to me because Jesus was talking to the people he was talking to.
  1. Where are you getting that Isa 40:31 is in the afterlife?
Because I’ve had 12 years of this not happening. So it can’t happen now, or else God broke his promise and is not trustworthy.
  1. I will be brutally honest here. If you think this is bad, Hell is much, much worse.
I know. And I have no way of avoiding it. I’m doomed.
Things can and will get better.
I have no promise from God that it will.
Okay, well. Enjoy the prison you’re making for yourself, Bob. :(🤷
I didn’t make the prison. I have no choice in the matter.
Respectfully, I believe you have made a serious error in your interpretation of the 5 first Saturday devotion. According to the revelation, which is not binding on any Catholic, Our Lady promises her assistance at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation. However, she does not guarantee eternal salvation itself. I’ve seen some pretty misleading websites on the subject so do not fall for everything you read on the subject. Doing a work that guarantees salvation is contrary to authentic Church teaching.
OK. So this is not the way to get the grace of final perseverance. .
You clearly know that we must die in a state of grace to go to heaven. What do we need to do in order to receive grace? First, we must be baptized. Are you? Second, we must have faith in Jesus Christ. Do you? Third, you must repent of your sins and walk in the way of Jesus.
Yes, Yes and Yes. The problem is I’m still imperfect and making mistakes. God doesn’t want to make me perfect so I’m doomed.
Canonization does not mean that every word that came out of someone’s mouth is infallible.
Has the Church condemned the sermon as heretical? In the records of his canonization, was this sermon condemned as heretical and not representative of his life?
 
Jesus said [Matt 7:21], “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.”

Now, what is the will of the Father?

Several quotes from the Gospel are found in this link referencing the Will of God for us.

But, notably [John 3:18], “Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.”

My friend, you are not likely to be solemly assured by Christ that, while still on this Earth, you will be saved eternally. That’s what it sounds like to me that you are seeking, and unless you get that assurance, you pout and say it’s not worth it.

Have faith.
 
God brags about Job to satan. Seriously?

Then allows Satan to hurt Job.
A defense of my recommendation of Job. Try looking at Job as more than God letting Satan destroy Job’s life. Yes, that’s the beginning on the story, but there’s so much more. The book is a discourse between Job and three (later four) friends of his. Job spends his time arguing that his suffering is unjust because he did no wrong. His friends believe otherwise, and assume he did something horrible for God to cause all that. Then Elihu speaks as a mediator and says they’re both partially right. And finally, God comes down to offer his own defense. It is much more and much deeper than “Satan destroys Job’s life, Job and friends talk, God fixes everything”
It applies to him alone. Or do I also have the right to bind and loose (Matthew 18) or the keys to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 16)? Of course I don’t. Those verses don’t apply to me because Jesus was talking to the people he was talking to.
Context. In Matthew, it really is Jesus giving the right to bind and loose to the apostles (and their successors). Compare to Isaiah 7. Isaiah is talking to Ahaz when he says “the virgin shall be with child,” but Jesus wasn’t born for a hundreds of years after that.
I know. And I have no way of avoiding it. I’m doomed.
No, you don’t know. You are not doomed. Jesus died to save all of us. You can still go to Heaven. And don’t you dare accuse me of OSAS, because I don’t know any Catholic who would disagree with me that you are not, in fact, doomed to Hell.
I didn’t make the prison. I have no choice in the matter.
Yes, you are making this prison. Your life is miserable, partly because you think it’s so horrible.
Yes, Yes and Yes. The problem is I’m still imperfect and making mistakes. God doesn’t want to make me perfect so I’m doomed.
Yes, you are still imperfect. We all are. But the point is that you’re trying. No one is going to avoid sin for their entire life. That’s why God lets us confess our sins. Because we are human, and we will mess up. It’s time to stop wallowing in self-pity.
Has the Church condemned the sermon as heretical? In the records of his canonization, was this sermon condemned as heretical and not representative of his life?
There’s a difference between infallibility and not being heretical…
 
My friend, you are not likely to be solemly assured by Christ that, while still on this Earth, you will be saved eternally. That’s what it sounds like to me that you are seeking, and unless you get that assurance, you pout and say it’s not worth it.
If I knew I was on the right track, I could keep going. I don’t know that. So I have no idea where I’m supposed to be going in life.
Have faith.
How do I have faith when faith is a gift from God and I’ve run out and he hasn’t refilled it? Even when I ask I get "no’?

God has rejected me. I’m trying to get around that mess.
 
God has rejected me.
Are you sure it’s not the other way around?

You know what it takes to enter eternal life, yet you continue to claim you are doomed. The ball is in your court, not God’s. I mean, God gave his only Son to redeem you. What more could you possibly ask of God?

Salvation is there, you simply have to accept it. If you aren’t accepting, then you are rejecting. It doesn’t matter what your reasoning is, you’re still rejecting salvation. That’s on you, bro. Stop blaming God.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top