I cannot do the 5 first saturdays. I am going to hell.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BobCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
God has rejected me. I’m trying to get around that mess.
No. It sounds from all your posts that it is you who have rejected him. You have instead painted for yourself a grotesque caricature of God and your image of him as some kind of cruel punisher has now influenced how you’ve come to relate to others and the rest of the world. You are expecting God to do what YOU want in YOUR time, instead of surrendering yourself wholly, completely and allowing him to work HIS will in you in HIS own time. You come whining about your pains and sufferings on these boards, letting your sufferings and inconveniences go to waste instead of praying to Christ Crucified, joining your pains with his for the salvation of your soul and who knows who else. But no, instead you continue to claim “God has rejected me, he is punishing me. I can’t bear my sufferings.” Waste, waste. Christ could have used your pain in ways unknown and you could have remained joyful despite your difficulties. You can’t even give a reasoned explanation what God is allegedly “punishing” you for, since you have been told time and again and again that you have committed nothing deserving of “punishment.”

That’s why you’re unhappy. It isn’t because you can’t find a good enough job or not earn what you would prefer. It’s because you have turned away from God instead of simply throwing yourself into his care and trusting him. We all suffer. All of us, no exception.
Turn to God, surrender to him, stop whining, and for crying out loud, man up.
 
If I knew I was on the right track, I could keep going. I don’t know that. So I have no idea where I’m supposed to be going in life.

How do I have faith when faith is a gift from God and I’ve run out and he hasn’t refilled it? Even when I ask I get "no’?

God has rejected me. I’m trying to get around that mess.
No, God has not rejected you. That is either an invention of your mind or a tactic of the devil. God does not reject anyone. It is all there in the Scriptures and the teaching of the Church. People go to hell because they reject God, not the other way around.

Honestly, it does not seem like you don’t believe in God anymore, but seem to have a false idea of Who God is and what His plan for salvation is. You may be suffering from scrupulosity. But let me ask you, when you confess the Creed in Church do you believe what you are saying? If so, then you haven’t lost faith. If not, then let’s pin down what you don’t believe and go from there. Faith is not some happy feeling (although it can cause happy feelings). Faith is a supernatural gift infused by God. It is infinite. God doesn’t need to fill you up again. If you are lacking in faith, then there is an obstacle that you need to find and eradicate (with God’s help). That obstacle is frequently a sin, but can be a lie of the devil or even a trick of the mind.

I’m not saying that people can’t lose faith. Even though God’s grace is infinite, we must make a personal response to His Grace. The Catechism says:
Faith is an entirely free gift that God makes to man. We can lose this priceless gift, as St. Paul indicated to St. Timothy: “Wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting conscience, certain persons have made shipwreck of their faith.” To live, grow and persevere in the faith until the end* we must nourish it with the word of God;* we must beg the Lord to increase our faith; it must be "working through charity," abounding in hope, and rooted in the faith of the Church.
When you were baptized you were adopted into the family of God. You were given divine Sonship. Accept the gift and walk in it. Be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit into a “new wineskin”. And, one last thing, the Church teaches (much to the surprise of many Catholics) that we are called to a personal relationship with God (CCC 299, 2558). We come to the Father through the Son in the power of the Holy Spirit. It sounds to me like you have been focusing solely on the end result for you (heaven or hell). What about now? What about what He wants for you? God is in the present, He is Who He is. So, do not be a slave to worrying about the past or the future, but think about your relationship now.

PS. you say that God doesn’t speak to you. But pretty much every response on this thread is saying very similar things. God speaks through people all the time. Are you listening?
 
I know. And I have no way of avoiding it. I’m doomed. :crying:

ok…have a nice trip…seriously…you think you’re the only one with problems…we all have them…illness…unemployment…money woes…family problems…a million reasons to blame God…look at the Christians living in the middle east right now…they are being persecuted…forced to leave their homelands with nothing…or killed for their faith…or the millions dying through starvation…or living in terrible poverty…you should fall on your knees and thank God you live in what many in the world would call a land of milk and honey…pick yourself up put your faith in God and start being positive … God can’t do it all for you if you won’t help yourself first…good luck and God bless
 
Here’s a Psalm that seems pertinent, which just so happened to be in Evening Prayer today:

Psalm 123 (122)
[1] To thee have I lifted up my eyes, who dwellest in heaven. [2] Behold as the eyes of the servants are on the hands of their masters, As the eyes of the handmaid are on the hands of her mistress: so are our eyes unto the Lord our God, until he have mercy on us. [3] Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us: for we are greatly filled with contempt. [4] For our soul is greatly filled: we are a reproach to the rich, and contempt to the proud.

(DRB)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top