K
keri6789
Guest
As you can tell from my previous posts I’m going threw RCIA classes and my parents aren’t to thrilled about it…I just got an e-mail from my Mom and I need some help about how to respond! This is the e-mail…
*The only way to salvation is through Jesus. Nobody else. It got me thinking about what you said last week. How the Catholic church has all the different Saints. Remember, you have direct access to Jesus and He is the only way. Know one else is the way. I know the Catholic church puts a lot of significance on Mary. Jesus is still the only way. Know where in the Bible does it hold Mary in such high regard. I am concerned that you are not verifying this in the Bible. And it seems they don’t recognize the Bible you have know all your life and the life style (of Jesus and the Bible) that was passed down from your parents and Grandparents. Do the Catholics believe they are the only ones going to Heaven since they will only let people of the Catholic Faith participate in communion? If that is the case, what about your family that I believe are already in Heaven? Are they not really there? Where does it say in the Bible that only select people can take communion? I hate to think that you will not be basing your faith on the Bible.
Have you ask for forgiveness for your past and in turn have you be able to move on? No church can do that for you.
I know you will do whatever you want, but I am concerned for your soul. You may want to turn away from us like you have done before, but you need to know how concerned I am. You are making a decision for you and possibly who you marry and the kids you will raise.
I love you and you know how important I hold your relationship with Jesus. Don’t forget what you know about Him, even if you don’t like the place you learned about HIM.*
I am at a complete lost. This sounds to me like she thinks I’m joining some sort of cult. I just can’t even figure out what I need to say. Anyone that can help please help.
*The only way to salvation is through Jesus. Nobody else. It got me thinking about what you said last week. How the Catholic church has all the different Saints. Remember, you have direct access to Jesus and He is the only way. Know one else is the way. I know the Catholic church puts a lot of significance on Mary. Jesus is still the only way. Know where in the Bible does it hold Mary in such high regard. I am concerned that you are not verifying this in the Bible. And it seems they don’t recognize the Bible you have know all your life and the life style (of Jesus and the Bible) that was passed down from your parents and Grandparents. Do the Catholics believe they are the only ones going to Heaven since they will only let people of the Catholic Faith participate in communion? If that is the case, what about your family that I believe are already in Heaven? Are they not really there? Where does it say in the Bible that only select people can take communion? I hate to think that you will not be basing your faith on the Bible.
Have you ask for forgiveness for your past and in turn have you be able to move on? No church can do that for you.
I know you will do whatever you want, but I am concerned for your soul. You may want to turn away from us like you have done before, but you need to know how concerned I am. You are making a decision for you and possibly who you marry and the kids you will raise.
I love you and you know how important I hold your relationship with Jesus. Don’t forget what you know about Him, even if you don’t like the place you learned about HIM.*
I am at a complete lost. This sounds to me like she thinks I’m joining some sort of cult. I just can’t even figure out what I need to say. Anyone that can help please help.