I made my wife kick me out

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michael_A_S
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael_A_S

Guest
Over the years I have listened to the Lord but have fallen short of his glory many times. I have an anger issue. It is not violent in nature, but lots of yelling about things that I shouldn’t be worked up over. This past Tuesday my wife made me leave. Now it hits me that I have a problem. I never should have let it go this far without getting help. On Wednesday I went to Mass and then talked with the nicest Priest. I told my story to him, we prayed, and also held confession. He offered counselling for my wife and I. I told him that she would not want to come with me at first. My wife said she was too mad to do that. I understand it has only been a few days, but in these days I have spent more time in prayer than the sum of my thirty-seven years. I can say that there is a positive change in me already. I hope my wife can see this as well. I don’t blame my wife for making me leave, I blame myself. I’m asking for prayers for myself, to continue be filled with the Holy Spirit and cast my demons aside. I’m also asking for prayers for my wife, that she will see this change in me and open her heart back to me.
 
This is a very tough situation.
I thank God for the graces you have received, and pray that you can move past these destructive tendencies, and to deal with the stresses that promote such behavior
May God help you to deserve your wife’s lasting trust, and that when this is so, God grant that your wife will be able to trust you.
 
**Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
a world without end.
Amen.**
 
French Priest Fr. Jacques Philippe has written a compact (100 pages) book that can be a life-changer. It is entitled Searching for and Maintaining Peace. Reading the wisdom contained within it can completely alter that way you look at and react to frustrating experiences. Consider looking at your trouble not so much as being an anger problem, but as of lacking peace in your spirit. When you are filled with peace, anger can find no place in you.
 
Praying for you,my friend,as you obviously love your wife very much.
God bless you always and keep you,and may the Blessed Mother wrap her mantle around you in love.
 
Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done on earth
As it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary…
 
Dear Father in Heaven,

You sent your son Jesus to be our guide for perfect peace in our lives. Please help this man, this husband and father, to claim that peace for his own, at last. Help him to let go of his past hurt and anger, and any bad role models that he had in his childhood, and follow Your path to peace in his life. Help him to reach out to his wife in a way that will let her know that he really cherishes her and wants her to be part of his life and journey from this point forward. When he forgets this, Lord, send the Holy Spirit to remind him, but if you can, let it be gentle, Lord, as gentle as you want him to be, but also as strong as he needs it to be.

We ask for these favors in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Dear St. Joseph, please take this man’s petitions to Jesus and help him be the father and husband that you were to Jesus and Mary. Thank you.
 
Over the years I have listened to the Lord but have fallen short of his glory many times. I have an anger issue. It is not violent in nature, but lots of yelling about things that I shouldn’t be worked up over. This past Tuesday my wife made me leave. Now it hits me that I have a problem. I never should have let it go this far without getting help. On Wednesday I went to Mass and then talked with the nicest Priest. I told my story to him, we prayed, and also held confession. He offered counselling for my wife and I. I told him that she would not want to come with me at first. My wife said she was too mad to do that. I understand it has only been a few days, but in these days I have spent more time in prayer than the sum of my thirty-seven years. I can say that there is a positive change in me already. I hope my wife can see this as well. I don’t blame my wife for making me leave, I blame myself. I’m asking for prayers for myself, to continue be filled with the Holy Spirit and cast my demons aside. I’m also asking for prayers for my wife, that she will see this change in me and open her heart back to me.
Please keepus informed as to your progress.

Anger management is tricky for some. Ask your priest for referrals as well depending on the severity of your case you may need additional help.

Are there contributing factors, such as alcohol?

Many men with anger issues feel sorry afterwards, but then repeat the behavior. I’m going to assume for a moment that this pattern has played out to some degree with your wife.

I hope you communicate with her - briefly, accept responsibility for the issue, explain that you’ve been to a priest to seek help and are seeking additional help, and that you have no hope or expectations of her changing her stace until you prove yourself worthwhile; but that you do hope she will give you the time you need to do that.

After some period of time you and your counselor can work out how to have limited contact so that she can see that you really are working on things.

Good luck to you.
 
Many men with anger issues feel sorry afterwards, but then repeat the behavior. I’m going to assume for a moment that this pattern has played out to some degree with your wife.http://www.nling.info/g.gif
 
You need to pray at the beginning of every day for the rest of your life.

**Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wiles and wickedness of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and
all the evil spirits that prowl this world seeking the ruin of souls.

In Christ Jesus name we pray.

Amen

Praise and Glory to you Lord Jesus Christ.**

http://www.discerninghearts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/michael_archangel.gif
 
Many men with anger issues feel sorry afterwards, but then repeat the behavior.
 
Thank you everyone for your prayers. I have found a peace that has not been in me before and I thank God for that. My wife thinks that the way I’m acting is just for show and nothing new. It’s true, before now when something happened, I would behave for two weeks and then be back to the same ole me. I told her to just watch and see how I am now, but I’m not sure if she wants to. She had recently gone on a two week business trip and I stayed at the house with our eight and six year old. It was great! Not one time did I loose it. I am more involved with them now than ever before. This never would have been possible without the Lord’s help. It seems when we argue now, she is trying to make me blow up. It’s not working like that anymore. No matter what happens with us, I understand that it is God’s will.
 
You expired Jesus but the source of Life gushed forth for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. Oh Fount of Life, Unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelope the whole world and empty yourself out upon us.

Oh Blood and Water which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a Fountain of Mercy, I trust in You!

Could you say this prayer as often as you can…
For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and the whole world!
 
Praying for you. I hope you continue in your healing process.
 
Just a brief update. My wife still thinks that this is an act I’m putting on. She told me, “I’ve never seen you act this good for this long, or to this extent.” Even though she said this, she told me she is going to file for divorce. She then said that a divorce in Florida takes about six months to finalize and if she believed that this is real, she would stop it before it was finalized. I pray that my wife sees what I am now and can forgive the past.
 
I will pray for both of you. I think sometimes when trust is broken it is tough to come back from that. Has she at least agreed to counseling?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top