I need someone to talk to about the faith

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryanb27
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryanb27

Guest
I can’t seem to connect with my pastor and I have some issues I need help with.
 
Is there a sister, brother, deacon or a layperson (think granny/grandpa type) that you trust in your parish? How about looking into the neighbouring parishes if they are within reasonable distance? Is there a convent/monastery nearby? If you would like you can ask people in your parish for suggestions or open up a conversation by asking if they know the names of priests etc in the next door parish.

There are several who go to other parishes for confession and having a “chat” about life´s issues. I do and there are several others on this forum who do if you read some posts about confession. We connect with some very easily and with great difficulties with others.
 
Yeah, it can be hard to find a person to talk to. Just search. Just contact someone.
What does “my pastor” refer to? You already have talked my a Priest before or you are refering to a small Parish with only one Priest? I live in a bigger city so I have many Priests here but I actually only reaöly talk to a Priest via e-mail as he don’t live here.
 
Last edited:
Does your parish have any spiritual direction leaflets? check your leaflets table/noticeboard/bulletin or wherever these things are kept as it may be that there is a set bunch of people in your parish or diocese that are set aside to contact for spiritual direction, in our diocese you can contact these people either by telephone or email and they are approved and trained by the diocese so you know they have the knowledge and spiritual maturity to be able to help you. Be careful what you share with others, as some people may not be able to help you and yet others may think they can but be unequipped. It is sad you can’t speak to your priest, can you ask him if there are parish/diocese approved spiritual directors? You could put it kindly. How ever you do it, proceed carefully and of course prayerfully, God is always the one to ask for a guide. God bless you.
 
Last edited:
Talk to a deacon. Talk to other church ministers.Talk to other parishioners.
 
My problem is that I don’t believe, have no faith, and can’t pray
 
Again, call your parish office. They will help you talk with a priest, deacon, lay person.

Are you Catholic? Do you have a godparent?
 
^ This. Ryanb, you have absolutely nothing to lose (it’s already gone) and everything to gain from spending time in the sacramental presence of our Lord. Go before Him. Sit. Read scripture. Tell Him of your loss of faith, your doubts.

Then, be as patient with Him as He has been with you. And, as Fr. Benedict Groeschel so wisely taught:
“When you are aware that He is there, you will be changed”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top