I quit

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sailor_Kenshin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good questions, and I have no easy answers. They are all things I need to ponder.

From the Department Of Seeming Coincidences, a friend asked me why I swam the Tiber. I went to the Questions for Converts thread, found my answer, and copied\pasted it right back!

😃

Thanks.
 
Or do I?

Not quitting the Church, understand, but if the things of this world have no importance, then why fight so hard to change what we consider evil?

This is confusing me. And I’m worn out from the recent election, and from so much hard pro-life work destroyed overnight. If abortion is an evil, we should fight it, right? And I’m not just speaking of abortion alone (crucial as it is) but of the militant sinfulness I see all around me, even the glorification of sin in the movies and on TV.

But if the things of this world do not matter, then why fight anything?
I really understand! After the election I felt so like a balloon that had just lost it’s air. But we, on earth, can’t know where the fight for life is, spiritually speaking. We may have gained a whole lot. We don’t know. I just know that when I die and meet Jesus, I want to be able to say that I did what I knew to do to save babies/the elderly/the infirm.
 
why fight so hard to change what we consider evil?

But if the things of this world do not matter, then why fight anything?
Things of this world do matter…to us and to God. God has a plan to win as many souls to His Kingdom as possible. Even if times must get a lot worse, let us just fight all the harder…for God and for souls. Unite your sufferings and the sufferings around you to God for the salvation of souls, rather than feel helpless. Our prayers draw down much grace on souls. This is true. And, yes the times are very sinful, but let us keep our hope alive with true faith and love of neighbor and understand that God can draw straight lines using crooked ones.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top