E
ESMDHokie77
Guest
Friend, I think you should not include the deuterocanon in the list of apocryphal books.
ah no, it is about where Christian Fathers accused Jewish Scholars of changing the scriptures.So, this whole thread was designed for you to be able to show off your knowledge? Or are you trying to bait an argument?![]()
Your proof of these claims?Hagan in “Fires of Rome” suggests that either someone changed “Acts of the Apostles”, or that Luke was wrong.
The High Priest who Paul insulted in A.D. 58 should have been Ismael, and not Ananias, the one who is identified in Acts.
Through Ismael, you can link the Second Temple High Priesthood to the later persecutions of the Christians in Rome, and the death of Paul. If true, this is not something the Jews would want widely known for obvious reasons.
This thread is three weeks old, hopefully I learned something since asking.So, this whole thread was designed for you to be able to show off your knowledge? Or are you trying to bait an argument?![]()
Okay fair enough. I apologize. I’m considering switching to decaf.This thread is three weeks old, hopefully I learned something since asking.![]()
I expect that a standard English dictionary like merriam-webster is a good source to check the meaning of English words for the English language. Just like one would check BAG for Biblical Greek words.Also, wikipedia and **merriam-webster **aren’t the greatest sources of info…![]()
Thank youwelcome Mark.