Please I was rased a Roman Catholic, I know where of I speak.
No, DP, you do not know what you are talking about. You are sharing your experience as a cradle Catholic, and reflecting you were poorly catechized. This does not equate to what the Church believes and teaches.
Don’t feel too bad about it, it happened to a lot of us. I though I knew whereof I spoke also, when I was raised Roman Catholic and subsequently left the Church. I learned that I did not.
Code:
It has always been the attitude of the Roman Catholic Church that they may no always be right, but they are never wrong.
Clearly you have a very narrow understanding of the levels of teaching in the Church.
Code:
It is the stand of the Roman Catholic Church for, I’m not sure how long, that if one is called by God to have what is considered a intimate relationship with Him. That in order to serve the Lord in Roman Catholic Church in that capacity, marriage is expressly forbidden, or the Roman Catholic Church will not allow you to take part therein.
No, DP, this is not accurate. This may reflect your understanding (or in this case, misunderstanding), but it is not the “stand of the RCC” On the contrary, the Church teaches that we are ALL called by God to have an intimate relationship with Him, and that we are ALL to serve Him in the Church in that intimate capacity.
Furthermore, marriage is not forbidded at any time or anyplace in the Church. The Church teaches that marriage is a sacrament (visible sign of God’s grace) and that it functions to sanctify those within it’s vows.
No one of any significant authority in the Roman Catholic Church may be married, from priest to Pope. It doesn’t matter if you decide to agree with that or not, it’s forbidden, hence denied participation therein.
You have a very skewed attitude about authority for one who appears to crave it.
Most authority in the local parishes lies with the pastoral committees, who are composed of laypersons. Though the teaching of the Church is to be held inviolable by the bishop and his desingate (priest) this does not preclude laypeople from leadership and authority.
It’s not an accident, it’s on purpose. A conscience decision on the Roman Catholic Church’s part.
It is true that the Latin Rite consciously decided to choose from among those called to serve the Kingdom as eunuchs to the ministry. It seems like this decision hurt your feelings a lot.
As it is written “that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith” and if your one who is in touch with the goings on with in the Roman Catholic Church you know where of I speak.
I know you are speaking out of some other orifice.
Code:
In visiting all these sites, manly Catholic, it’s always the attitude of the Catholic that anyone insistent in referring to Scripture as the authority, considers it an attack on their faith.
Usually those that do so are attacking the faith. the errant doctrine of SS was a direct attack on the faith.
Scripture is to be interpreted in the light of the faith of those who wrote it.
What is wrong with that picture? When the True Faith (Trust) is in the Word of God.
The Word of God is not confined tothe pages of Scripture.
The things that the Roman Catholic priesthood does and professes and argues is ok to do.
Perhaps you could give an example?
Noah, Abraham, King David, the Prophets, the Apostles wouldn’t even think or consider, nor would ever say to do, let alone do. But the Priesthood that’s different isn’t it. There infallible, just ask them.
It seems clear that the poor catechesis you received has also left you with an inaccurate undersatanding of the gift of infalliblity.
If Noah, Abraham, King David, the Prophets, or Apostles would go out in a public street with many watching and had bowed and prayed before a lifeless statue. No matter what it was the image of. Like it was some big event, and everyone else should do the same, what would the Lord our God have done to them?
DP, you have been misled by anti-Catholics.
I recommend that you don’t use any statues to remind you about your faith, since you are clearly weak in faith, and cannot look beyond the statue to that which it represents.