If her dad owns a shotgun

  • Thread starter Thread starter BadTurkey
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norse, I am rather obligated elsewhere, thank you for asking, I wont go anywhere shooting anything, and I will like that much better. I think you know that the whole city of Chicago has a no gun ordinace/law. Doesnt mean that every other house doesnt have them.
 
Norse, I am rather obligated elsewhere, thank you for asking, I wont go anywhere shooting anything, and I will like that much better. I think you know that the whole city of Chicago has a no gun ordinace/law. Doesnt mean that every other house doesnt have them.
*Hi Hope…what do you mean a ‘no gun law’ in all of Chicago? *
 
*Hi Hope…what do you mean a ‘no gun law’ in all of Chicago? *
No one except for authorized security, feds, or patrolmen can carry arms. Perhaps other trained people. If you have a gun in possession, found in your car or home, you could be fined, or if you use in a threatening manner without shooting, you can have charges pressed against you. Due to much death rates because of guns, NOT hitting their intended targets, innocent people caught in the crossfire. I have not seen this in my area of the city so far.
 
*Wow…that is something! I didn’t know that. Why would I be up on Chicago law? lol But, I guess I assumed that all states had some flexibility with ‘‘carry laws’’ etc…for civilians. That’s really interesting. *
 
Does anyone know if the Knights Of Columbus or Swiss Guard carry guns? They are defense.
*While they still wear armor and carry antique weapons, it’s not all medieval warfare for the Swiss Guards. They must maintain a high degree of physical fitness and master modern weaponry, such as the H&K submachine gun and the SIG Sauer 9 mm pistol. To best protect the Pope, they also train at close-quarters fighting and tactical movement, as well as security and counter-terrorism techniques.

And battle-axe might not be the best tool to ward off religious fanatics determined to pass a message to the Pope or to threaten him, so the guards have also added tear gas and pepper spray to their arsenal.*
foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351640,00.html

The SIG P220 is a semi-automatic pistol designed in Switzerland…Users: Vatican City: Swiss Guard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_P220

Besides their traditional arms the Swiss Guard also has contemporary non-ceremonial small arms like SIG P225 pistols, Heckler & Koch MP5A3 submachine guns and SIG SG 550 assault rifles at its disposal for security duties.[7] Besides the Heckler & Koch MP5A3, these small arms are also in use by the Swiss military. The Guard also engages in yearly rifle competition and receives self-defense instruction, as well as basic instruction on defensive bodyguard tactics similar to those used in the protection of many heads of state.[8]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Guard
Are you going to tell me that you file into the church pew with your little kids and your pistol in your purse?
No, in a holster around DH’s waist. 😉
 
*Aw, no worries. I thought that’s how you might pronounce it. My sister did the same thing…’‘Cher.’’ lol

Growing up in a strict Italian household, you know then. My dad, for the short time I was with him, was a spanker…a hard one! :eek: No warnings, no time outs back in the 70’s. 😛 Just a spank. A ‘shalacking’ he called it. 😊 And he’d yell in Italian, so you knew you were in trouble. When my BIL was courting my sister, my dad was very intimidating, and not a very large man. But, my BIL knew not to mess with him, or his daughter. lol Then my BIL who is half Italian, raised me through my preteen/teen years…and he took the torch from my dad, in strictness. :rolleyes: In looking back, I am grateful…I stayed out of trouble, and chaste. What is largely lacking these days, is that type of raising of kids. That strictness. In all the years growing up, my BIL, who owned a gun…never brought it out in front of my dates…so, as strict as he was, he knew when to draw the line. lol

PS–Never made it to Chicago, for that business trip. But, they are thinking Q1 of next year…so we’ll see. I’d like to visit there, never have been. *
I dont mean to switch this thread or spin it out, but since it is getting sensitive, sorry you couldnt get here, especially for the State street Chistmas parade of lights, it was pretty cool. I was volunteering that day and all the floats looked so nice all lined up.

There is tons to do, but we are known for the good grub. Usually they have courtesy with work where the home company will host things and show you stuff here and there, I do not know if that will be the case for you. Just PM me, and I can tell you everything you need to see and know when you come up here.

Keep me updated!
 
*Wow…that is something! I didn’t know that. Why would I be up on Chicago law? lol But, I guess I assumed that all states had some flexibility with ‘‘carry laws’’ etc…for civilians. That’s really interesting. *
The state allows it, for sure, we have so many corn farms, it is a trial with the city of Chicago to lessen gang violence in sensitive areas, I go into those areas because we try to clean and restore old Catholic churches and schools so the kids will have a clean upkept school to learn, play, & grow.
 
I can’t believe the condoning/enabling of murder in this post by mothers…, you are Catholic, you are no to kill anyone! Period. If a boy gets out of hand, a girl should not go off alone with him. She is just as much to blame as the boy. There is no rule that states a man is the only person of discretion. Teach your children correctly and you won’t have to answer a question like this as you are all for watching a public lynching of sorts.

Guns kill! Accidents happen. People use them wrong or to intimidate and scare people. No one in a family should think it is normal to have the father carry a shotgun…, eventually the generations after think that’s normal discipline. How about a father teach his son to be a gentleman. No guns necessary. Can you imagine St. Joseph teaching Jesus how to murder if they were wronged? What in the heck did you guys have in your turkey yesterday?
I’m sure there’s a lesson to be learnt for all parties in this debate here – bit.ly/5KuQu3
 
*While they still wear armor and carry antique weapons, it’s not all medieval warfare for the Swiss Guards. They must maintain a high degree of physical fitness and master modern weaponry, such as the H&K submachine gun and the SIG Sauer 9 mm pistol. To best protect the Pope, they also train at close-quarters fighting and tactical movement, as well as security and counter-terrorism techniques.
The Swiss Guard also has heavy machine guns just in case a special occasion arises. In late 1943 Pius took away the ceremonial halberds of his Swiss Guards and replaced them with machine guns, and for the first time in history the doors of the great Basilica were sealed during daylight hours to protect the Jews that had sought refuge inside. I’ve seen a picture of a heavy (belt fed) machine gun sitting in front of the doors of the Basilica with members of the Swiss Guard standing nearby.
 
My daughters will probably have thier first dates out at the range and probably out shoot thier dates. Not for intimidating but it is no secret I own guns I have a concealed permit, they are in my car and I like to talk about guns. If he knows my daughter he will know me. A 20 guage and rock salt wont kill.😃
All you anti weapon people better not let all the old guys in the K of C hear this kind of talk. They have swords you know. In the history of God’s green earth when have we ever lived in a time where the world could be free of weapons? Certainly not now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top