C
chevalier
Guest
Speaking of, I do own a sword. I open bottles of beer and sometimes letters with it.
For the record, it’s never acceptable to point a weapon at anyone EVER, even if everyone knows that it’s not loaded. As a little girl, my grandmother was shot through both knees by teenage brothers playing with a gun that everyone believed to be unloaded. (These were country kids who knew guns inside and out.) You can never be 100% sure–with guns, you are always playing Russian roulette.it’s not acceptable to point a weapon at someone who doesn’t perfectly well realise that the weapon isn’t loaded.
It better to say that you should treat every gun as if it’s loaded and ready to go off. Because sometimes it’s necessary to point a gun at a person.For the record, it’s never acceptable to point a weapon at anyone EVER, even if everyone knows that it’s not loaded.
Let’s hope though, that you’ve raised your daughters well enough to not bring home someone you’d need to point a gun at!!It better to say that you should treat every gun as if it’s loaded and ready to go off. Because sometimes it’s necessary to point a gun at a person.
Yes, though hearing, “Sir, I would like to date your daughter,” is not one of those situations.It better to say that you should treat every gun as if it’s loaded and ready to go off. Because sometimes it’s necessary to point a gun at a person.
That’s not the same as pointing it at them! Hmm… Now that you say, I’m probably going to keep law books or attorney gown clearly visible for the same effect (here, attorneys were togues just like judges, except there frill’s a different colour) when I earn one.I’ve got one son and four daughters. I fully intent to be in the living room with my son cleaning shotguns when the boys come calling![]()
Yeah, that’s true. I didn’t go far enough. Same goes for melee stuff, spoons included. I’ve heard stories.For the record, it’s never acceptable to point a weapon at anyone EVER, even if everyone knows that it’s not loaded. As a little girl, my grandmother was shot through both knees by teenage brothers playing with a gun that everyone believed to be unloaded. (These were country kids who knew guns inside and out.) You can never be 100% sure–with guns, you are always playing Russian roulette.
You sir, (I assume your gender due to your screen name)I’ve got one son and four daughters. I fully intent to be in the living room with my son cleaning shotguns when the boys come calling![]()
I think it might be a daddy-daughter thing. Maybe the whole instinct that says, “We need to protect”.*This thread makes me sad. I hope no one pulls out a gun to scare my son when he picks a girl up…I have a daughter, and I (and she) would be mortified if my husband/her dad had guns purposely laying out all over the place to scare the guy picking her up, either. Yikes! *
Yeah, and knowing the dad is a tough guy that doesn’t play games can be highly motivational in some cases for a teenage boy. Plus, a boy thinking, “I don’t want to confront her dad,” and not doing it is better than the boy doing it. Just can’t justify pointing guns at people, especially at youngsters, or opening the door with a gun right in hand. *Cleaning *the guns, showing off trophies, displaying military souvenirs, that’s a different thing. A demonstration of protective strength is not yet a threat and insult.I think it might be a daddy-daughter thing. Maybe the whole instinct that says, “We need to protect”.
Here, here, Shar! What was all your raising him the right way for then, huh? You should of just let him run rugged and learn to protect himself off the street. Just pray and hope he finds in-laws like you and your dh. Its hard to find a quality gentleman nowadays.*This thread makes me sad. I hope no one pulls out a gun to scare my son when he picks a girl up…I have a daughter, and I (and she) would be mortified if my husband/her dad had guns purposely laying out all over the place to scare the guy picking her up, either. Yikes! *
And since we are practically neighbors (from what you posted in another thread), I was thinking of publicly asking you here for a date to the range with me (there is one about a block and a half from my house), and give you a FOID car as a Christmas present.Id rather date a guy who wants to go to the golf range over the shooting range anyday.
+1Yeah, and knowing the dad is a tough guy that doesn’t play games can be highly motivational in some cases for a teenage boy. Plus, a boy thinking, “I don’t want to confront her dad,” and not doing it is better than the boy doing it. Just can’t justify pointing guns at people, especially at youngsters, or opening the door with a gun right in hand. *Cleaning *the guns, showing off trophies, displaying military souvenirs, that’s a different thing. A demonstration of protective strength is not yet a threat and insult.
*Aw…How funny that you call me Shar…only my sister called me that growing up.Here, here, Shar! What was all your raising him the right way for then, huh? You should of just let him run rugged and learn to protect himself off the street. Just pray and hope he finds in-laws like you and your dh. Its hard to find a quality gentleman nowadays.
It’s that “need to protect” that I admire in men/fathers. I believe that’s innate and God-given. There’s a saying, “The most dangerous place in the world is between a mother & her child”, so if a man has an innate need to protect those he views as more vulnerable than he, I can only imagine how much more dangerous that place becomes. Even the Scripture talks about “Fear of the Lord”. Fear is not a bad thing. It helps protect us.I think it might be a daddy-daughter thing. Maybe the whole instinct that says, “We need to protect”.
I completely & respectfully disagree. I know several guns that have never killed anyone. Having said that, however; if you’re a criminal and you break into my house, be prepared to take the bullet. It’s called a “consequence”, thus a “healthy respect” for people’s families & property is likely to follow, and hopefully you’ll think again should you be tempted to continue making poor choices. Again, same logic applies to dating. If the boy hurts the girl would the father actually shoot him? Who knows?! That’s the point.Sorry pro-gun Catholics in this thread, but your rationale is very unchristian and inappropriate. Not buying it! Guns kill, period…
Sorry I have to call people by a one syllable nickname, it’s more like Cher not SH-ARGH…, lol, I think I do that out of convenience, coolness, or laziness. Not sure which. I do that with everybody.*Aw…How funny that you call me Shar…only my sister called me that growing up.)
You know, we are intending to buy a gun for protection, at my husband’s request (he has been suggesting this for years and I think I finally understand that owning a gun for protection isn’t a bad idea) But, I would be embarrassed if he pulled it out to intimidate one of dd’s dates, (when she begins dating someday, which won’t be until she’s 30, and we unlock her out of her room KIDDING!)
I grew up in a VERY CONSERVATIVE CATHOLIC ITALIAN family. I get the whole idea. But, still…lol
Raise your boys and girls right, and no weapons will be necessary!*
Automobile accidents are the number one killer of children over the age of one. Should we not drive either, then, because automobiles can kill?Sorry pro-gun Catholics in this thread, but your rationale is very unchristian and inappropriate. Not buying it! Guns kill, period.
I thought so too till I met my husband. I never anticipated having a guy who liked guns.Id rather date a guy who wants to go to the golf range over the shooting range anyday.