If I can choose

  • Thread starter Thread starter therese14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

therese14

Guest
I read somewhere in the bible that it is better for Judas not to have been born than to be in hell.

I also read somewhere in St Alphonsus Liguori sermon about a person in hell wishes not to be born.

I used to long very much for heaven, and it was attainable for me. The tide has turn not in my favor though, I feel like now I am a changed person and cannot bear my crosses anymore. I do not want to offend the Lord, I do not want to hate him forever in hell, but if I am unworthy of heaven, can I just ask to be not existed?

I remember the feeling in the year 1000 where I don’t exist… It feels happier than constantly fearing of hell everyday because of my sins. I guess my dysfunctional family has a lot to do with this… And 90% of the reason I am discouraged, is because I do not have saints family like St Therese of Lisieux. I love her very much though.

Because I am terribly hurt by my father and brother, I fear male figure, and I am traumatized about marriage. I don’t feel holy enough to be a nun, and I fear marriage. I fear all males except for male saints, I guess.

I am constantly let down by them… And I guess the only thing I can think of is to go to a far away place to seek Christ on my own. A place like Calcutta, may be a good place for me just to be alone with Christ.

Can I ask God not to have existed rather than to hurt him and be in hell? I do not want to hate him forever there. I just don’t feel holy enough to be in heaven…

Please pray for me…
 
Anytime you commit a mortal sin, you can go to Confession to have it washed away, as long as you regret your sin for a spiritual reason and fear of Hell is a good enough reason. If you are in mortal sin and cannot get to Confession for some reason and you have perfect contrition for your sin–meaning it is the love of God, which is the primary reason you are sorry, and you intend to go to Confession as soon as possible than your sin is forgiven.

There are various prayers said to be promised by Jesus to help one get to Heaven, including the Divine Mercy Chaplet. You also might want to look up the Brown Scapular an Medal of St. Benedict. None of these are replacements for Confession, but are said to give extra graces to help.
 
Have you ever heard of the Christian preacher Joyce Meyer?

I haven’t watched her for a few years; she used to be pretty good at talking about issues involving having difficult background, as she was abused by her father and offers how to get past it. She likes to talk about mental conflict and anguish and dealing with things when you really don’t want to, finding motivation to push past the pain, etc.

She isn’t Catholic, so don’t necessarily believe her conclusions that aren’t directly Biblical or you check it out, if you want to make sure you have Catholic teaching. For myself, I like to hear what people of all different faiths have to say – non-Christians included – so it’s up to you.

She has video on her site, so you can watch her show there:
Joyce Meyer Ministries
 
Have you ever heard of the Christian preacher Joyce Meyer?

I haven’t watched her for a few years; she used to be pretty good at talking about issues involving having difficult background, as she was abused by her father and offers how to get past it. She likes to talk about mental conflict and anguish and dealing with things when you really don’t want to, finding motivation to push past the pain, etc.

She isn’t Catholic, so don’t necessarily believe her conclusions that aren’t directly Biblical or you check it out, if you want to make sure you have Catholic teaching. For myself, I like to hear what people of all different faiths have to say – non-Christians included – so it’s up to you.

She has video on her site, so you can watch her show there:
Joyce Meyer Ministries
 
Also, I forgot to mention that no, it is not okay to ask God to make it so you don’t exist. God did NOT make a mistake in creating you.

As for your concerns about your vocation, you should pray about that and do research. There are more than just the vocations of marriage and being a nun/sister.

I am praying for you.
 
Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom in your time of need.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top