Illegally uploaded films on youtube

  • Thread starter Thread starter michael-kaw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

michael-kaw

Guest
First of all let me start by saying that I am not illegally uploading or sharing any films on YouTube or any platform. However if you see a full movie on YouTube which was clearly illegally uploaded, can you watch it? It’s legal I think.
 
It is against the law to view a youtube movie that was posted illegally ?

What law would that be ?

The person that posted the youtube illegally is breaking the law, not the viewer.
 
I really wouldn’t worry about YouTube content being uploaded illegally. They have algorithms to catch copyrighted content and systems in place to remove copyrighted content that gets through. I won’t speak to the legality of content found on sketchier sites.
 
I might be looking for another word instead but it when you partake in a sin without actually doing it… ie accomplace.
 
If the viewer is not breaking a law, what is the sin ?
Some kind of moral theft ?

How do you even know that it has been downloaded illegally ? Maybe it is a marketing tactic ?
 
I was just going to post a topic on this subject, I’m glad you did. Would it be immoral to listen to a song that is used without an artists permission? Youtube Red makes an app just for listening on their site. I’m willing to bet that many artists don’t agree with having their music uploaded to view freely. Perhaps Youtube is a immoral site all around and only channels for the purpose of Youtube should be viewed.
 
I doubt it. YouTube actively censors illegal content. If it’s on YouTube I don’t think you’re responsible in any way. How are you supposed to know what YouTube has allowed versus content they simply haven’t yet “caught”?
 
Its everywhere, evil is evil.
Actually, the copyright laws are incredibly different from country to country. China has virtually zero…which is why you can get crazy knock-offs.
 
Exactly. Just because the law says its right doesnt mean the concience does…unless its dead.
 
Seconded. Youtube is really good at pulling illegal stuff out. If it is on it is probably chill.
 
I wish there were less threads like these and more “I love Jesus” threads. Why is every thread on here “is this a sin?” or “is this a sin?”

stop

the spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.

and regarding youtube and illegally uploaded films: i can only watch the FULL gospel according to st matthew by pasolini on youtube. i also purchased what youtube offered as the gospel according to st matthew, but it’s an edited (an hour less) copy of the same movie. so I watch the illegally uploaded full, complete version on youtube.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top