I'm begging you

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishing
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for your continued prayers…they are certainly helping. My faith has grown tremendously.

My wife and I will continue to go to counciling once a week. It has opened my eyes as to how I did not meet her needs…she feels that I controlled her, didn’t listen to her, and said hurtful things to her…this bothers me greatly, because I never knew it…
Now, she says that she has suppressed her feelings for so long that they just are not there.

It has been nothing but miscommunication and a very busy life…we shared an amazing love for the first 7 years or so.

She now has a lot of hurt, resentment, and anger…with no feelings for me.

I ask that you please continue to pray for her and us…I know that it helps and is much needed.

Please pray for her heart to find forgiveness because there can be no love where her current pain resides.

Thank you all!!!

In Christ,

Chris
Lord, I am so thankful to hear that with your help and guiding hands you have given both Chris and his wife an opportunity to listen to each other feelings and needs. May you continue to soften both their hearts and their ears so that they may hear the cries of love you have for them. Please guide them during this difficult time so that they can renew their love and that their relationship can be modeled upon the love you have for mankind. May both Chris and his wife see your love in each other and with the help of counselling and angels sent to guide them that they may draw themselves ever closer to each other and you and live and love through your glory. Hallelujah and Amen.
 
Dear Jesus

Please pour your blessing upon Chris and his wife that they may once more learn to talk to each other, the way you speak to our hearts. Surround them with your love and grace, help them to mend what is broken. Unite them once more through their love for you. May their faith increase day by day, each day give them joy and perseverence in seeking and following your Holy Will. May they look to you to find each other once more, transform their hearts with your divine love that they may ever closer resemble yours. Grant them patience with one another and firm trust that what you have joined, shall not be broken. Grant them your peace. Amen
 
Praying very hard for your marriage, For your wife’s heart and for yours to come together again.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
 
I am praying for you as well. Consider renting or getting a copy of the movie Fireproof…
fireproofthemovie.com/main.php

and consider using some of the recommended efforts to restore the life you so desperately want to return to. We will pray for you at our house. May the Holy Family protect yours!
 
Please, please, please pray for my marriage. I am 43 and have the most lovely wife and two daughters (11 and 8 ). I feel that for the last three years God has prepared me for this day. I have hit rock bottom in my marriage. My wife no longer wants to be married to me. We have had one of the most envied marriages I know of. This is a shocker to me and it will also be to hundreds of others.

You see, my wife has drifted away from the Lord. We are now on opposite pages. She says that she finally became strong enough to leave me and I said “no, you finally became far enough away from God to be able to do it.” I am certain that this is the problem…she resents my relationship with God. I hit rock bottom 10 days ago and God has now taken me places I never knew possible with Wisdom, Love, Peace and Faith like I can’t explain.

I had been resisting the calls of the Lord, to this magnitude, and ironically it took my wife,of all people to get me over the top. The Lord is amazing…My wife “saved” me and I believe that He now is going to use me to help “save” my Wife…This is what I believe His plan is…

I ask for you to Pray, Pray, Pray that my Wife hears the call of the Lord and opens Her Heart to the amazing invitation of God to fulfill His ultimate plan. My Family so desperately asks for and needs your prayers. Please pray for her to see and hear.

God Bless You and your Family and God Bless mine…Amen
I will pray now that you will pray! When you don’t pray bad things happen to you. That’s why I think your not praying. Please try harder and pray to Mary that she may guide you into constant pray of the heart. Remember Mary often during the day. Say often the little prayers of the children at Fatima. Let her be your guide.
 
Chris,
Still praying that the Lord will guide you and your wife back together in love…Amen…Warmly, LynneMarie
 
To all who have prayed…I thank you with all of my heart. I can not tell you what a difference that you are making.

My wife just called me to see about visiting Father Sean tomorrow at our Church (Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church in Houston, TX)! This is a miracle in and of itself…

I have prayed relentlessly and have asked you here at Catholic Answers to do the same…and I know that you have.

I ask for your continued efforts as we will be going on our third counseling session this week…

God is listening and I can not thank you enough!

With Love,

Chris
 
Hi Chris,
Wonderful example here of the power of prayer…Praise be to God and his son Jesus Christ as we give them all the Honor & Glory…I am just soo happy for you Chris and pray for continued healing for your marriage…In Jesus Name we pray…Amen…Warmly, LynneMarie
 
To all who have prayed…I thank you with all of my heart. I can not tell you what a difference that you are making.
My wife just called me to see about visiting Father Sean tomorrow at our Church (Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church in Houston, TX)! This is a miracle in and of itself…

I have prayed relentlessly and have asked you here at Catholic Answers to do the same…and I know that you have.

I ask for your continued efforts as we will be going on our third counseling session this week…

God is listening and I can not thank you enough!

With Love,

Chris
Praying for you and your family, Chris. God bless and keep you. I place you in the Immaculate Heart of Mary…that mystical garden of God. The devil will not tread there!

Mary Ann
 
Lord Jesus Christ, protect Fishing and his wife as Your own glory, and lead them to salvation. Grant to their children the graces they need to bear this heavy cross. Amen.
 
Good news Fishing … thanks to God.
Still praying for you qnd your wife.
 
Satan launches strong attacks against strong marriages. We are praying for you.
The grace of the sacrament is still there, for your wife and you!
 
Thank you all so much for your continued prayers…they are certainly helping. My faith has grown tremendously.

My wife and I will continue to go to counciling once a week. It has opened my eyes as to how I did not meet her needs…she feels that I controlled her, didn’t listen to her, and said hurtful things to her…this bothers me greatly, because I never knew it…
Now, she says that she has suppressed her feelings for so long that they just are not there.

It has been nothing but miscommunication and a very busy life…we shared an amazing love for the first 7 years or so.

She now has a lot of hurt, resentment, and anger…with no feelings for me.

I ask that you please continue to pray for her and us…I know that it helps and is much needed.

Please pray for her heart to find forgiveness because there can be no love where her current pain resides.

Thank you all!!!

In Christ,

Chris
Chris:

One reason I’m not crazy about marriage counseling is what I’m hearing here - “I didn’t meet her needs… She feels I controlled her, didn’t listen to her and said hurtful things to her…That she has suppressed her feelings for so long that they just aren’t there.”

And, what I’m not hearing - That we can never really meet each others needs, because only God can; How we can communicate our needs, wants and desires to our mates without bossing them around; That men aren’t telepaths and just won’t know what their wives/fiancees/girlfriends want unless their wives/fiancess/girlfriends tell them; That men, esp. when we’re tired, have the attention span of gnats, and that doesn’t mean we aren’t listening; That both men and women say hurtful things to each other when arguing, and that part of life is learning to let go of the hurt and pain from previous arguments and to not keep from adding to that hurt by giving whatever your loved one says in the latest argument the most loving exculpatory explanation possible. and, Love isn’t a feeling, it’s a commitment, an act of the will, a binding together where 1+1=3 because God is part of the equation.

I didn’t hear anything about how you and your wife could heal your relationship, and how your wife could have healing within the relationship. All I heard was you being torn down. You probably made plenty of mistakes - We all do - but Marriage counseling shouldn’t be “Open Season on Chris” with the “caper” being your wife now feels justified in leaving this pitiful, sobbing pool of humanity named “Chris”.

Tell them both that you’re there because you love your wife and you want the marriage to work, and that you’re willing to do whatever it takes short of losing your relationship to Christ, or your humanity, to keep this relationship together and to make this marriage work. then, Ask your wife if she wants to make the marriage work, and is willing to try to make it work, realizing that you can change some things and others you can’t (Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus or Shortened one paragraph version above). and, Don’t be afraid to ask the therapist what goal she has in mind, what she feels a successful outcome would be.

I hope this turns out to be helpful.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael
 
Lord, I praise and thank You for the wonders You have done, and I ask, if it is Your Will, save this marriage for the greater glory of Your Name, through Christ our Lord, Amen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top