B
Bflomom
Guest
Hi. I am new here and this is my first post. I need some advice as I don’t have anywhere to turn at this point.
I have been married to my husband for 5 years this week. We are both in our 30’s and have a 1 year old son. We fell in love quickly, got engaged after two months and were married 1 year later. I totally feel like we rushed into marriage, but hindsight it 20/20. I can’t do anything about that now.
Once our son was born I feel like our marriage has taken a nosedive. First of all, he took NO time off once I delivered. Thankfully I have my parents close by to help me. He then moved himself and the dogs into the spare bedroom as he couldn’t be bothered by our son waking him up in the middle of the night. I quit my very good career to be a stay at home mom. He works hard to support the family and on his days off he would rather golf with his friends than spend time with the family.
He is constantly calling me lazy and telling me I don’t have a job because you need to get paid to have a job. He refuses to have any sort of conversation with me about anything. I try to have serious conversations with him and he walks away or tells me to leave him alone. He said tonight that the only reason why he is nice to me is when he wants to be intimate.
At this point I honestly cannot stand him. We still sleep in separate bedrooms, have a marriage that is lacking intimacy, we don’t communicate at all and we argue all of the time. He boasts that he is such a good Catholic man. We do attend Mass every Sunday and I try to be a good wife but I don’t know what to do. I take my marriage vows very seriously and I don’t want to divorce as I want my son to grow up with a dad and mom but I don’t know what to do. We did try Catholic Marriage counseling but he decided it was a waste of time for him.
Do you think that there is any hope?
I have been married to my husband for 5 years this week. We are both in our 30’s and have a 1 year old son. We fell in love quickly, got engaged after two months and were married 1 year later. I totally feel like we rushed into marriage, but hindsight it 20/20. I can’t do anything about that now.
Once our son was born I feel like our marriage has taken a nosedive. First of all, he took NO time off once I delivered. Thankfully I have my parents close by to help me. He then moved himself and the dogs into the spare bedroom as he couldn’t be bothered by our son waking him up in the middle of the night. I quit my very good career to be a stay at home mom. He works hard to support the family and on his days off he would rather golf with his friends than spend time with the family.
He is constantly calling me lazy and telling me I don’t have a job because you need to get paid to have a job. He refuses to have any sort of conversation with me about anything. I try to have serious conversations with him and he walks away or tells me to leave him alone. He said tonight that the only reason why he is nice to me is when he wants to be intimate.
At this point I honestly cannot stand him. We still sleep in separate bedrooms, have a marriage that is lacking intimacy, we don’t communicate at all and we argue all of the time. He boasts that he is such a good Catholic man. We do attend Mass every Sunday and I try to be a good wife but I don’t know what to do. I take my marriage vows very seriously and I don’t want to divorce as I want my son to grow up with a dad and mom but I don’t know what to do. We did try Catholic Marriage counseling but he decided it was a waste of time for him.
Do you think that there is any hope?