Immaculate Conception Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boulder257
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So then everyone get’s to heaven? No judgment based on how one freely chooses to live one’s life? :eek:I don’t think so my friend.

It’s nice you know the Greek but PERHAPS better to understand the Teaching.😃

Love and prayers,
Pat
Unfortunately our little sister has been misled by Calvin’s TULIP.

Even more unfortunate, she does not seem to have come here for Catholic Answers.

She may also have some mental disabilities that prevent her from reasoning. She thinks that a pickle is still the same as a cucumber!
 
Then by all means, guanophore, reply to her post.
If I really thought you might benefit, I assure you I would. But it was directed to you for a reason, and if you refuse it, I will respect your choice. It says a lot about your state of mind, and your goals here at CAF.
 
Then by all means, guanophore, reply to her post.
Here is the response of any intellectually honest SS advocate:

“You are right, PR, in that Scripture does not tell us what the ‘more important questions’ are. We must look to extra-biblical sources, such as the Church, or Tradition to tell us this. Thus, I suppose, it’s correct to say that I am not reasonable in proposing the SS tradition.”
 
Here is the response of any intellectually honest SS advocate:

“You are right, PR, in that Scripture does not tell us what the ‘more important questions’ are. We must look to extra-biblical sources, such as the Church, or Tradition to tell us this. Thus, I suppose, it’s correct to say that I am not reasonable in proposing the SS tradition.”
nwrt
 
Unfortunately our little sister has been misled by Calvin’s TULIP.

Even more unfortunate, she does not seem to have come here for Catholic Answers.

She may also have some mental disabilities that prevent her from reasoning. She thinks that a pickle is still the same as a cucumber!
Guanophore, do you think it honors Christ, or your husband, or boyfriend, or clergy, or pope, or better yet, do you think it honors the BVM to publish these types of insinuations about others?
 
Really nwrt. :cool:
Waiting for a refutation.🍿

Otherwise, your lack of response speaks volumes.

[SIGN]Scripture does not tell us what the ‘more important questions’ are. We must look to extra-biblical sources, such as the Church, or Tradition to tell us this. Thus, I suppose, it’s correct to say that one is not reasonable in proposing the SS tradition.
[/SIGN]
 
Waiting for a refutation.🍿

Otherwise, your lack of response speaks volumes.

[SIGN]Scripture does not tell us what the ‘more important questions’ are. We must look to extra-biblical sources, such as the Church, or Tradition to tell us this. Thus, I suppose, it’s correct to say that one is not reasonable in proposing the SS tradition.
[/SIGN]
Answered in post #67.
 
Waiting for a refutation.🍿

Otherwise, your lack of response speaks volumes.
I don’t think WCH is here to have any mature discussion. What I am seeing are just childish tactics.
[SIGN]Scripture does not tell us what the ‘more important questions’ are. We must look to extra-biblical sources, such as the Church, or Tradition to tell us this. Thus, I suppose, it’s correct to say that one is not reasonable in proposing the SS tradition.
[/SIGN]
WCH uses extrabiblical sources to determine this also, mainly Calvin. But SS is an extrabiblical doctrine, invented in the Reformation. THrough it, each person reading, as WCH has stated “makes their own conclusion”, thereby creating as many extrabiblical sources as there are belly buttons. 😃
 
Answered in post #67.
So the “important questions” are not declared in Scripture. And you use an extra-biblical tradition to discern what’s an “important question”.

That’s fine, WCH. 🤷

Just sayin’, though, that you will be called on this each and every time you object to Catholicism’s extra-biblical traditions.
[SIGN]
For you use them yourself. [/SIGN]
 
So the “important questions” are not declared in Scripture. And you use an extra-biblical tradition to discern what’s an “important question”.
PRmerger, you are very misinformed. Protestants have traditions. Traditions have nothing to do with SS. SS states that the Scripture alone is the final authority in matters of faith and morals.

I hope that helps.
 
PRmerger, you are very misinformed. Protestants have traditions. Traditions have nothing to do with SS. SS states that the Scripture alone is the final authority in matters of faith and morals.

I hope that helps.
I believe you are wrong. Protestant ‘traditions’ have everything to do with SS. Why? Because traditions always come before Scripture, everyone approaches Scripture with a certain set of predetermined beliefs which come from these traditions. These beliefs influence how one interprets Scripture which is exactly why Protestantism has split into many denominations.

Also, your series of refusals to respond to PRmerger’s posts has caused you to give a “very misinformed” post. You believe that Scripture alone is the final authority in matters of faith in morals, right? Yes. Well, if that were the case, Scripture itself would tell us what the “important questions regarding salvation are” which is what PRmerger has been talking about this whole time. But they don’t; from the Bible alone you cannot tell me or anyone what the so-called important questions are.
 
PRmerger, you are very misinformed. Protestants have traditions. Traditions have nothing to do with SS. SS states that the Scripture alone is the final authority in matters of faith and morals.

I hope that helps.
Yes, Protestants do have extrabiblical traditions. SS is one of those. It was invented during the Reformation to replace the authority appointed by Christ to shepherd the flock. It consists of attempting to force the Scriptures into a role they were never intended to play. Writings cannot shepherd a flock, no matter how Holy they are.
 
PRmerger, you are very misinformed. Protestants have traditions. Traditions have nothing to do with SS. SS states that the Scripture alone is the final authority in matters of faith and morals.

I hope that helps.
It does help me. As there are as many Protestant beliefs as there are belly buttons (to borrow a phrase from my friend, guanophore :)) I now know that you accept traditions.

In my over 9000 discussions with Protestants here on the CAFs I’ve run into
  • folks who believe that Jesus is the archangel Michael reincarnated
  • folks who believe that music in church is anti-Scriptural
  • folks who believe only the Gospel of Mark is theopneustos
  • folks who proclaim that baptism is an ordinance
  • folks who believe that Jesus didn’t really mean divorce and re-marriage is adultery
  • etc etc etc
So, when someone identifies themselves here as Protestant it reveals absolutely nothing about their beliefs.

Oh, of course they’ll say that their beliefs are based on the Bible, but, again, I refer you to the list above. Each and every :whacky: idea professed will have Scriptural verses to putatively support them.

Now I know that you accept tradition. And you cannot object to Catholic tradition as well. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top