Impeachment Collection

  • Thread starter Thread starter Theo520
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this graphic in a CNN article this morning. I wonder, what does the composition of the Republican party have to do with impeachment chances and how that would play with the base and with the country.
You posted the graphic. What do you think the “alleged” composition of the Republican party has to do with impeachment chances and how it would play with the base and with the country?
 
hard to interpret without the full picture but it reads like the GOP is growing from blue collar and minority defections from the Dem party, with some college whites flipping over to the Dem party.

You are aware that only 35% of the population has a college degree, right?
 
hard to interpret without the full picture but it reads like the GOP is growing from blue collar and minority defections from the Dem party, with some college whites flipping over to the Dem party.
Interesting. I think the Republicans are poaching from the Independents, not the Democrats. I just googled it. That was unexpected. But, Independent is still the largest party.
You are aware that only 35% of the population has a college degree, right?
Yep, that I know. I have no idea if it’s a distinction with a difference.
 
Interesting. I think the Republicans are poaching from the Independents, not the Democrats. I just googled it. That was unexpected. But, Independent is still the largest party.
Yea, like I said there wasn’t enough data to draw any conclusions from that single slide. It tells a very different story if the total is going up vs flat/down.
 
People really like ‘shaking up’ DC, and if the economy holds, seems Trump is a shoe in to win.
I think it totally depends on the Democrat running against him.

I view the election as the Democrats to lose. That might be wishful thinking.
 
I view the election as the Democrats to lose. That might be wishful thinking.
The 2016 election was the Dems/Hillary’s to lose, but not in 2020.
Dems will have an uphill battle against an incumbent with a strong economy.
 
Last edited:
The 2016 election was the Dems/Hillary’s to lose, but not in 2020.
Dems will have an uphill battle against an incumbent with a strong economy.
Which explains a lot about the push toward impeachment on charges that don’t address the original reason the special counsel was appointed. In other words, there was nothing to the original charge, hence the requirement to find something, anything, to hang around Trump’s neck has driven the alleged obstruction charges for which the Democrats want to impeach. The idea being to tilt the 2020 playing field by driving Trump from office in advance of the election rather than take their chances running upstream against an incumbent president with a decent economy at his back. It is entirely political in nature.
 
The 2016 election was the Dems/Hillary’s to lose, but not in 2020.
Dems will have an uphill battle against an incumbent with a strong economy.
You might have a point. After being back here for a month or so I realize that Trump supporters are not swayed by the craziness and lying and bullying that is the Trump Presidency. I’m not trying to be mean - that’s just an observation.
 
You posted the graphic. What do you think the “alleged” composition of the Republican party has to do with impeachment chances and how it would play with the base and with the country?
I think a lot of people just aren’t affiliated with any party. I, for one, was a Democrat. I parted with the party when it totally dedicated itself to abortion. I haven’t become anything else since then, but I wouldn’t vote for any abortion-supporting Democrat. That’s all of them on my ballot, for years.
 
the craziness and lying and bullying that is the Trump Presidency
He appointed Gorsuch and Kavanaugh and a lot of other prolife judges. He reinstated the Mexico City Policy and allowed states not to fund Planned Parenthood. He drove ISIS into the ground. He lowered my taxes and is trying to stem the Democrats’ illegal immigration tide. He’s renegotiating the horribly unfair trade treaties and is keeping the Huawei spy network out of the U.S. He kept us out of the unfair Paris accord and the Iran nuclear program.

I’m not sure what else you would want other than the opposite of those things. But I guess John Kerry is trying to figure out a way to give the Mullahs in Iran more money, so don’t despair.
 
I use to think it a minor distraction, a mere entertainment in these forums to argue such minutiae of this versus that. But from here on I’m going to cheer on this Impeachment Collective as they continue to show their contempt for the American people and refusing to govern and obstruct and resist and peddle their false narratives. Is it the media driving the politicians or the other way around?

So go on all you Impeachmaniacs. Summons, impeach, trial in court of media opinions until you’re all blue in the faces, and we’ll catch ya again on this side of reality and saneness in 2024.
 
I’m not trying to be mean - that’s just an observation.
Trump’s supporters are focused on actual actions, not Trump’s hyperbole. And Trump’s actions are centrist and focused where he said he would focus. If you filter out twitter, it’s a very good story.
 
Last edited:
Trump’s supporters are focused on actual actions, not Trump’s hyperbole. And Trump’s actions are centrist and focused where he said he would focus. If you filter out twitter, it’s a very good story
Very interesting observation.

I do have a hard time separating the man from his actions. He makes it hard to do that.
 
Is it the media driving the politicians or the other way around?
I see it as a ‘group think’ that both feed off of and into. Neither journalist nor politician will be critical of climate change, immigration, or a list of other issues. It will kill their careers.

I do think there are influential think tank foundations that are feeding the blob though, getting the right stories published at the right time, etc.
 
I have concluded that President Trump means what he says, I agree with him, and I trust him.
 
I have concluded that President Trump means what he says, I agree with him, and I trust him.
I think he is directionally accurate but not always correct on the specifics. Here’s my grading
  • He said he would focus on trade (B grade). He has modified several of our trade deals and is tackling China. Outcome there could move it to an A.
  • He said he would focus on NATO (B grade), he has pressured our allies to increase investment.
  • He said he would end our ME ventures (B grade), he has made real progress against ISIS
  • He said he would address North Korea (C grade). While the missile tests have stopped, real progress on nukes is limited
  • He is sanctioning Iran and Russia, pushing for change (C grade)
  • He said he would reduce regulation (B grade)
  • He said he would cut taxes (A grade)
  • He said he would save coal (C grade). He killed the killer regs and job loss has stopped, but not recovered. Too many coal generators already replaced by natural gas.
His results on immigration are far more mixed (D grade). He’s taken action but also made serious missteps and failed to get congress to support it, even when it was GOP controlled.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top