Impeachment Collection

  • Thread starter Thread starter Theo520
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you charge guests for staying at your house? That is what people are refusing to admit Trump is doing. Trump is making money when he or people with business before him stay at his hotels. And that in prohibited in the Constitution of the United States.
The WaPo article cites an administration source who said the government only pays the cost, no profit to Trump. WaPo hates Trump but doesn’t deny the truth of that.

I’m not sure who pays for what when somebody like Xi stays here or when Trump stays there.

And without knowing what kind of structure Trump’s assets are in, I couldn’t affirm or deny that he, himself, makes anything from any of those facilities. I know multi-millionaires who don’t own a single thing personally, or very little. They have trusts and such that own the assets, pay them a salary but keep the assets for the beneficiaries who are usually the spouse and children of the donor.
 
Well, the Trump organization has stated that they have made money and they have donated what they say they profited over to the Treasury.


I personally would trust this number if an independent (and I mean truly independent, not Democratic or Republican) audit was done.
 
Last edited:
Well, the Trump organization has stated that they have made money and they have donated what they say they profited over to the Treasury.
Same as. If Trump didn’t profit, then the whole argument that he did is bogus, no matter how the mechanics of it worked. Probably to his supporters that’s sufficient. Probably to those who hate him, nothing will ever be sufficient.
 
How do you know he didn’t profit? Because he said so? Do you believe everyone just because they say so?
 
Those aren’t guests. Now, if he charged President Xi for staying in a bedroom of his house, that would be charging guests. Which is what I was referring to at that point in the conversation.
 
Those aren’t guests. Now, if he charged President Xi for staying in a bedroom of his house, that would be charging guests. Which is what I was referring to at that point in the conversation.
I think charging people that are protecting you and your family for the privilidge of staying close enough to protect you is much worse than charging the “President” of a foreign, totalitarian dictatorship for a room.
 
Well, the president is not allowed to receive anything from foreign governments, friendly or not.
 
How do you know he didn’t profit? Because he said so? Do you believe everyone just because they say so?
No I don’t. But to a person like him, or a business like his, $151,000 is like a rounding error, like $15.00 would be to somebody like me. Did I make or lose $15.00 on a deal that somebody else figured out for me; some staff member, perhaps? If one of my staff told me I made $15.00 on a deal or lost that much, I would probably believe them because it isn’t worth it for them to lie about an amount like that and it wouldn’t make much difference to my overall P&L situation.
 
Well, the president is not allowed to receive anything from foreign governments, friendly or not.
You don’t know that he did. How much did Obama make during his presidency that was in some kind of trust? I guarantee to you that he did. It’s just that we don’t know because supposedly it was in a blind trust and nobody paid any attention. Clinton, on the other hand, who isn’t supposed to receive anything from foreign governments, knew she and Bill made a half million on his Moscow speech, and she made $200,000 on her “secret” speech to the Wall Street bankers. But it didn’t raise cries for her prosecution because she is a Democrat.
Now, if he charged President Xi
I think Xi stayed in a non-Trump hotel. Probably afraid of being bugged. 🙂
 
That’s not true. Foreign leaders and US Presidents exchange gifts all the time
Such gifts are not received as property of the President or that first family. They belong to the US.

A tangible gift of more than minimal value accepted for reasons of protocol or courtesy may not be kept as a personal gift, however, but is considered accepted on behalf of and property of the United States, and in the case of such a gift for the President or the President’s family, is handled by the National Archives and Records Administration
 
Such gifts are not received as property of the President or that first family. They belong to the US.
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42662.pdf
Yea, and like they never exit the white house with some of those govt items.

I’d be curious to know how much stuff goes missing when the old First Family departs. I won’t dwell on the Clintons since I doubt they were unique in what they did.
 
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...e-on-whether-to-oust-the-president/ar-AAEtdbN?

The House on Wednesday voted to kill an impeachment resolution against President Trump, a move likely to rankle the Democratic Party’s liberal base clamoring for the ouster of the president.

The vote was 332-to-95 as House Democratic leaders joined with Republicans to stop the measure. It was a surprising turn and created the unusual optic of Democrats working with the GOP a day after a divided House voted to condemn Trump’s racist remarks.
Rep. Al Green (D-Tex.) had put Democratic leaders in a bind Tuesday night by filing articles of impeachment accusing Trump of committing high crimes and misdemeanors. His resolution, which cited Trump’s racist comments singling out four minority congresswomen, was privileged, requiring that the House act within two days.
 
Last edited:
Sorry, I couldn’t resist 🙂
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top