V
vge828
Guest
I had a miscarriage last week on Saturday. I didn’t know I was pregnant. I had always hoped for more children (have 4).
SIL had a m/c 3 weeks before mine. Her pregnancy was an ectopic pregnancy that resulted in internal bleeding and emergency surgery. Had she waited 24 hrs - she would’ve died. My MIL (her mother) told her she should be happy she has at least one child. She also told her that it wasn’t really a baby b/c it was a “mass of cells”. So I didn’t know what to say to my MIL or even if my SIL was hurt by these comments.
So I naturallly called my SIL after I miscarried. She offered her sympathy but it was surreal almost not genuine. I really hesitated to even tell her I thought they would understand I was still in the middle of a natural miscarriage.(?)
I called my MIL that Monday to let her know and all she said was “Oh, I didn’t know you were trying to get pregnant.” I said, I wasn’t and this was a shock too.
She said I’m sorry but went on - about how I should be happy with my children, and my body is already too old (I’m over 40). etc.
All I was hoping for was I’m so sorry, I’ll pray for you.
Then my DH - He doesn’t know how to grieve either b/c I didn’t look pregnant. I think I was about 11 wks (baby may have died at 7 wks) I really don’t know -just guessing.
Now my FIL and MIL will try to corner my DH and say - what were you thinking? don’t you use protection? You can’t afford more - you are already financially tight. She’s too old. On and on and on…
Since we live in the same city, my IL want to see our children- how can I change subjects when we see them,. I can’t avoid these people.
My DH & I knew what they would say and think. We don’t want to be rude but what do we say when they constantly look down on us for everything.I think their words contributed to my DH’s depression too(he battles with it daily) and this situation doesn’t help either.
I feel so alone. I can’t keep crying or be depressed otherwise my DH will be more depressed and our children need me.
I know my situation isn’t the worst in the world. I do have a beautiful family, my mother has been here all week helping me with my children and household stuff so I can regain my strength, my sister called me and offered her love, support and tears. I’m blessed overall. I just feel hurt for my husband and my self when someone so close says hurtful things.
Anyway - what do I say?
Thanks for listening…
Romans 8:28
SIL had a m/c 3 weeks before mine. Her pregnancy was an ectopic pregnancy that resulted in internal bleeding and emergency surgery. Had she waited 24 hrs - she would’ve died. My MIL (her mother) told her she should be happy she has at least one child. She also told her that it wasn’t really a baby b/c it was a “mass of cells”. So I didn’t know what to say to my MIL or even if my SIL was hurt by these comments.
So I naturallly called my SIL after I miscarried. She offered her sympathy but it was surreal almost not genuine. I really hesitated to even tell her I thought they would understand I was still in the middle of a natural miscarriage.(?)
I called my MIL that Monday to let her know and all she said was “Oh, I didn’t know you were trying to get pregnant.” I said, I wasn’t and this was a shock too.
She said I’m sorry but went on - about how I should be happy with my children, and my body is already too old (I’m over 40). etc.
All I was hoping for was I’m so sorry, I’ll pray for you.
Then my DH - He doesn’t know how to grieve either b/c I didn’t look pregnant. I think I was about 11 wks (baby may have died at 7 wks) I really don’t know -just guessing.
Now my FIL and MIL will try to corner my DH and say - what were you thinking? don’t you use protection? You can’t afford more - you are already financially tight. She’s too old. On and on and on…
Since we live in the same city, my IL want to see our children- how can I change subjects when we see them,. I can’t avoid these people.
My DH & I knew what they would say and think. We don’t want to be rude but what do we say when they constantly look down on us for everything.I think their words contributed to my DH’s depression too(he battles with it daily) and this situation doesn’t help either.
I feel so alone. I can’t keep crying or be depressed otherwise my DH will be more depressed and our children need me.
I know my situation isn’t the worst in the world. I do have a beautiful family, my mother has been here all week helping me with my children and household stuff so I can regain my strength, my sister called me and offered her love, support and tears. I’m blessed overall. I just feel hurt for my husband and my self when someone so close says hurtful things.
Anyway - what do I say?
Thanks for listening…
Romans 8:28