Indecency Complaint - ABC's "Life as We Know It"

• Thread starter Thread starter buffalo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was awful. I submitted my name and joined the complaint.

ABC = Disney = Trash.

im 21 and thats disgusting, unfortuantly its true in an exagerrated way to the way things are and what theyre turning into i have a 16 year old baby sister that i practically raised, shes gorgeous and i am so over protective of her, shes a cheerleader and makes good grades and active in her church im proud of her but at the same time im scared for her, it was that age i was first exposed to drugs,drinking and “fooling around” i was able to save myself for the man im about to marry but its getting harder and harder my fiance and i are adimit about our kids never setting foot in anything but a catholic school and thats preschool and on. can you imagine what its gonna be like in 10 years for public school kids, there will be nurserys in ever high school and condom machines in the bathrooms, its getting out of hand! why not make a show about it and give em the ok?! no way this show needs to go! my personal favorites are Joan Of Arcadia, the apprentice, big brother,the amazing race, survivor, desperate housewives and cops and law and order other than that i try to avoid the TV. its just getting to nasty.

40.png
TarAshly:
I have a 16 year old baby sister … im scared for her, it was that age i was first exposed to drugs,drinking and “fooling around”. can you imagine what its gonna be like in 10 years for public school kids
Sounds like things are improving, then. Back when I was a youngster, the drug/sex scene hit promptly at age 12/13 (7th grade, the transition from elementary school to junior high). I was pretty lucky in that I managed to avoid the whole drug/drinking thing.

Heh. “Back when I was a youngster.” I’m getting old. 🙂

If you don’t like it turn it off, or get rid of the TV. Remember to write to network and local affiliate when they have something on you like or to ask them to show better programs

Absolutely beyond disgusting. I passed on your link to my friends and my homschool group.

:tsktsk: I saw the preview ads and I found just that offensive and did not even watch it. Also when my grandson was playing with the remote going through the Channels today at 3 PM, my daughter told me about a disgusting “shower” scence on ABC soap opera. luckly she was right there, she quickly got it off, but to late, my grandson saw it and said innocently"Boys and Girls aren’t allowed to take showers together right Mommy" Now she keeps the remote on the shelf. We all don’t have premium Cable in our homes so to keep the garbage out of the house. (only basic because we get no reception otherwise) But this is “ABC” time is now to clean up their act.

kaymart said:
:tsktsk: I saw the preview ads and I found just that offensive and did not even watch it. Also when my grandson was playing with the remote going through the Channels today at 3 PM, my daughter told me about a disgusting “shower” scence on ABC soap opera. luckly she was right there, she quickly got it off, but to late, my grandson saw it and said innocently"Boys and Girls aren’t allowed to take showers together right Mommy" Now she keeps the remote on the shelf. We all don’t have premium Cable in our homes so to keep the garbage out of the house. (only basic because we get no reception otherwise) But this is “ABC” time is now to clean up their act.

what is the tv show " life as we know it"???

Go to Parents Television Council for The Family Guide - What’s on for Your Family Tonight?

After reading that summary I can honestly say I was disgusted. This is the kind of stuff I have to fight when our chastity outreach group speaks to high school students. This is precisely the kind of pressure and acceptance of immoral behavior that we try to combat. Teens and young adults need to realize that this behavior should not be the standard. I hope that the results of this past election allow the media to realize that majority of Americans don’t support their liberal and unethical agendas. I gladly signed that petition. If this show isn’t penalized, I pray it at least flops in ratings.

This is a prime example of why I hardly watch tv anymore. Most of my time watching tv is either with DVD movies I approve of, reruns of more wholesome shows, and video games. However, video games are becoming just like tv and movies. I have to be very selective in what I choose. I try to make sure my interests in music, movies, video games, and television don’t support immoral ideologies.

ND Mike:
After reading that summary I can honestly say I was disgusted. This is the kind of stuff I have to fight when our chastity outreach group speaks to high school students. This is precisely the kind of pressure and acceptance of immoral behavior that we try to combat. Teens and young adults need to realize that this behavior should not be the standard. I hope that the results of this past election allow the media to realize that majority of Americans don’t support their liberal and unethical agendas. I gladly signed that petition. If this show isn’t penalized, I pray it at least flops in ratings.

This is a prime example of why I hardly watch tv anymore. Most of my time watching tv is either with DVD movies I approve of, reruns of more wholesome shows, and video games. However, video games are becoming just like tv and movies. I have to be very selective in what I choose. I try to make sure my interests in music, movies, video games, and television don’t support immoral ideologies.
OneMillionMoms also has a group called OneMillionYouth.

Maybe you could plug your kids into it.

Also, look here for a Youth Page - lotsa good stuff

that is absolutely awful. :mad:

my only consolation is that we don’t have cable tv, we just use rabbit ears so ABC doesn’t come in at our house. oh darn, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back