Indecency Complaint - ABC's "Life as We Know It"

• Thread starter Thread starter buffalo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t want your kids watching something, just don’t let them watch it. How hard is that to understand?

Unbelievable. TV has gone straight down the sewer since I disconnected the idiot box five years ago.

40.png
Ghostgirl:
If you don’t want your kids watching something, just don’t let them watch it. How hard is that to understand?
As a parent, I have found this is easier said than done.

When the kids were younger, I could monitor closely, but that is not always possible now. V-chips are worthless – although I use it. A recent study showed that more than 70% of shows on ABC with sexual activity, dialogue, violence or profanity did not carry the appropriate warning to trigger the V-chip block. I have found that the V-chip does not filter out anything from MTV or BET, yet movies like Independence Day are blocked.

It is in the nature of teens to question parental judgment and test morals using the world around them. Unfortunately, the world around them is fighting agains me. My kids go to school with other kids who watch these shows and mimic what they see in the halls and on the bus. ABC/Disney/ABC Family are screaming as loud as they can that teenage promiscuity, etc. is normal and desirable.

My goal is not to shelter my kids completely from the ugliness of the world, but to give them the foundation to recognize and evaluate it for what it is. This is very difficult in a world which values personal “freedom” more than personal responsibility.

Elizabeth B.:
As a parent, I have found this is easier said than done.

When the kids were younger, I could monitor closely, but that is not always possible now. V-chips are worthless – although I use it. A recent study showed that more than 70% of shows on ABC with sexual activity, dialogue, violence or profanity did not carry the appropriate warning to trigger the V-chip block. I have found that the V-chip does not filter out anything from MTV or BET, yet movies like Independence Day are blocked.

It is in the nature of teens to question parental judgment and test morals using the world around them. Unfortunately, the world around them is fighting agains me. My kids go to school with other kids who watch these shows and mimic what they see in the halls and on the bus. ABC/Disney/ABC Family are screaming as loud as they can that teenage promiscuity, etc. is normal and desirable.

My goal is not to shelter my kids completely from the ugliness of the world, but to give them the foundation to recognize and evaluate it for what it is. This is very difficult in a world which values personal “freedom” more than personal responsibility.
Disney is the owner of ABC. Disney started in putting out smut and blasphemous movies. They started losing money and wondered why. Instead of going back to their roots, they decided they should peddle smut and blasphemy throught the TV. We need a New Disney that will focus on true family entertainment and nothing else.

With the fact that most of my strongest orthodox Christian friends go to Disney World, I say you cannot support that company as a Christian. If only we stopped hurting ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back