M
meltzerboy2
Guest
Yet most bisexuals report they are not equally attracted to opposite-sex and same-sex people; that is, it is rarely a case of 50-50 but usually a preference for same- or opposite-sex partners.
I haven’t met very many men who consider themselves “bisexual.” Even the ones who obviously have significant attraction to both sexes still prefer one over the other and the men I know who prefer the same sex over the opposite sex probably still consider themselves “gay.” Of course, things might be different with young people nowadays with more of them identifying as bisexual.Yet most bisexuals report they are not equally attracted to opposite-sex and same-sex people; that is, it is rarely a case of 50-50 but usually a preference for same- or opposite-sex partners.
Well, yeah, that’s obvious. I said it was a spectrum. There are a lot of people who are 60/40 or 70/30 in favor of one gender or the other. They have some leeway to choose whether they want to be with same or opposite gender. For a person who is a 90/10 or a 100 percent for same gender, it’s not so easy to choose to exclusively be with the opposite gender. It could be done, but it would be much more difficult for them than the 60/40 person. We need to recognize the difficulty factor and not just lump all gay people together as a monolith and say, “See, Joe or Jane over there was in a same-sex relationship and they left it and became straight. Why can’t you?”Yet most bisexuals report they are not equally attracted to opposite-sex and same-sex people; that is, it is rarely a case of 50-50 but usually a preference for same- or opposite-sex partners.
That doesn’t change the fact that it appears to me that God said that it’s not good for a person to be alone. Most straight people can avoid being alone by having a partner or helper of the opposite sex. But for many gay people, through no fault of their own, that’s not an option.Therefore God created a woman ,not another man
This completely misrepresents what God meant by that statement, and ignores both the profound theology of the Yahwist creation account and the incarnational truths of the creation of man and woman.That doesn’t change the fact that God said that it’s not good for a person to be alone.
Truth!Homosexual advocates push the idea that a person is a slave to their condition and we should therefore encourage acting on it.
I’m far from alone even though I dont have a romantic partner. I have many ‘helpers’ of both sexes, I just don’t feel the need to sleep with any of them.Jeanne_S:![]()
That doesn’t change the fact that it appears to me that God said that it’s not good for a person to be alone. Most straight people can avoid being alone by having a partner or helper of the opposite sex. But for many gay people, through no fault of their own, that’s not an option.Therefore God created a woman ,not another man
And although some people view this text in Genesis through the lens of Catholic theology, none of that appears in Genesis itself and is a later Christian elaboration on a Jewish text.
Here’s the thing: On a different internet forum I have had this argument for years with people, purportedly gay, who seem insistent that straight men will…do these things under such circumstances as prison, being marooned on a desert island, being in the navy, being the last two people on Earth, etc.Off topic, but I’ve wondered about the phenomenon of men engaged in sexual relationships with each other in the absence of women, like on shipboard or in prisons, but then when they’re back in society they have relationships with women again.
Women seem to do this, too.
Believe me when I say this that I am a faithful Catholic—I disagree with that statement. “Crosses” are vastly different from one another in the burden they lay on people Further, I don’t believe that God gives us crosses to bear. I don’t believe God wants or needs us to prove ourselves to him through suffering.And yet, God doesn’t give us crosses too big for us to carry.