T
tinalewis
Guest
Not necessarily. I dropped out of RCIA in January of 2008, a week before the Rite of Sending, because my husband’s annulment process has stalled at that point. I wasn’t going to be able to participate in the formal meeting with the bishop, and it felt good to be out of RCIA, frankly. It was starting to feel like chewing broken glass to watch my RCIA classmates happily continue and share their experiences while I listened not knowing when I would be able to join them. No one wanted to hear about my pain during the annulment process, nor should they. Also, I was working 7-day weeks and having to go to the dismissal thing in addition to regular Sunday Mass was a schedule-juggling act I was relieved to be free from.
I think from my own personal experience, that it’s cruel to expect someone to sit and watch others enjoy and share an experience they want so much to have themselves. You wouldn’t sit a starving person down and eat a big meal in front of them, would you? And afterward tell them how much it meant to you to have such nourishing food? That’s what it’s like for someone in RCIA who is going through an annulment.
I think from my own personal experience, that it’s cruel to expect someone to sit and watch others enjoy and share an experience they want so much to have themselves. You wouldn’t sit a starving person down and eat a big meal in front of them, would you? And afterward tell them how much it meant to you to have such nourishing food? That’s what it’s like for someone in RCIA who is going through an annulment.