Wow, I’m sorry, I believe what you’re doing is called projecting. I
did not say any of the things you said I did soooo…?
I am only a new Catholic in that I came into the Church officially this past Easter, but I had been “Catholic at heart” for about 2 years before that. And to be honest, sometimes I had the same feelings as you do when I heard Catholics talking about their conversions from Protestantism… and sometimes I still do depending on the situation, because my family and most of my friends that I grew up with are ALL protestant.
In my personal experience, a lot of lights DID turn on when I started on my path to coming home. I do not mean for that to insult you or anyone else, but it is the truth. The Catholic faith, beliefs, and practices made more sense to me than anything else and helped me grow and understand so much about God, Jesus, and what it really means to live a Christian life. Through learning about Church history and different Saints I have been mentally immersed in history that I wouldn’t have otherwise and in cultures that I wouldn’t have otherwise. You say that protestantism has served you well, and in some ways it served me well too… it started my faith journey to where I am now, after all. But it wasn’t complete, and that’s why I am Catholic now… cause God called me home to the fullness of truth. And I won’t apologize for that or for my testimony that Protestantism didn’t cut it for me.
Everyone’s story and journey is different…and in fact did you know that St Faustina was said to be uneducated and look what she gave us.
Like I said at the end of my previous post… when it all comes down to it, IQ doesn’t mean much. Nor does meeting societal standards of learning. “God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.”