Iranians welcome Bush's State of Union Speech

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Guest
Iranians are welcoming President George W. Bush’s State of Union Speech, delivered on Tuesday evening, and his public support of the freedom cause in Iran.

Many of them are showing their deep sense of appreciation by calling abroad based radio and TV networks, such as the popular NITV and KRSI, in order to express their support of Bush’s comments during the programs. Many other are asking for the e-mail listing or fax and phone numbers of the White House. Hundreds of those e-mails or faxes have been sent and many calls have been made, so far, and more are expected each hour.

daneshjoo.org/publishers/currentnews/article_3768.shtml
 
Gilliam,

Have you seen any percentages of regular Iranians who want change? I know it would be guesswork (I’m sure the current government would welcome pollsters asking that question), but even a guesstimate would be interesting.

How willing is the current government squash a Ghandi-like protest with military action? If not, that’s the way I would envision a change there. Plenty of people peacefully protesting until the Mullahs relinquished power. I know, I’m probably dreaming 🙂 .

Robert
40.png
gilliam:
Iranians are welcoming President George W. Bush’s State of Union Speech, delivered on Tuesday evening, and his public support of the freedom cause in Iran.

Many of them are showing their deep sense of appreciation by calling abroad based radio and TV networks, such as the popular NITV and KRSI, in order to express their support of Bush’s comments during the programs. Many other are asking for the e-mail listing or fax and phone numbers of the White House. Hundreds of those e-mails or faxes have been sent and many calls have been made, so far, and more are expected each hour.

daneshjoo.org/publishers/currentnews/article_3768.shtml
 
The majority of the people in Iran want nuclear plants and the possibility of having a nuke, for islamic and nationalistic factors.
 
40.png
rlg94086:
Gilliam,

Have you seen any percentages of regular Iranians who want change? I know it would be guesswork (I’m sure the current government would welcome pollsters asking that question), but even a guesstimate would be interesting.
I have heard numbers of around 70%. But I have seen no studies.
How willing is the current government squash a Ghandi-like protest with military action? If not, that’s the way I would envision a change there. Plenty of people peacefully protesting until the Mullahs relinquished power. I know, I’m probably dreaming 🙂 .

Robert
They are very willing. They know that the students brought them into power and the students remove them from power.
 
40.png
Franze:
The majority of the people in Iran want nuclear plants and the possibility of having a nuke, for islamic and nationalistic factors.
That is my take on the matter as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top