Ireland; abortion case

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rosebud77
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The details are really sketchy in the article… but if a child is pregnant and traumatised by it, it’s better to make sure they won’t harm themselves than let them have an abortion and assume they’ll be fine afterwards…

I’m sure the story will be blown out of proportion to suit various agendas regardless.
 
The details are really sketchy in the article… but if a child is pregnant and traumatised by it, it’s better to make sure they won’t harm themselves than let them have an abortion and assume they’ll be fine afterwards…

I’m sure the story will be blown out of proportion to suit various agendas regardless.
They do not say how old she is … varies from child to girl. And yes, better to take care. And yes the pro abortion lobby… they are using eg the Magdalen Laundry scandal to push abortion. Dreading the referendum and as I am English I cannot even vote. Been here 16 years.
 
They do not say how old she is … varies from child to girl. And yes, better to take care. And yes the pro abortion lobby… they are using eg the Magdalen Laundry scandal to push abortion. Dreading the referendum and as I am English I cannot even vote. Been here 16 years.
I probably can’t either because you can’t vote from outside the country… even though most other countries allow postal voting :confused:
 
Good on that psychiatrist to use common sense. Hopefully they talked it out with the girl and family so they understood why an abortion wasn’t the solution.
 
They do not say how old she is … varies from child to girl. And yes, better to take care. And yes the pro abortion lobby… they are using eg the Magdalen Laundry scandal to push abortion. Dreading the referendum and as I am English I cannot even vote. Been here 16 years.
Please don’t tell me not to comment. It is in the American Constitution that I CAN comment. It is called "FREEDOM OF SPEECH-FREEDOM OF THE PRESS. If a moderator wants to ‘moderate’ - then so be it.
 
Please don’t tell me not to comment. It is in the American Constitution that I CAN comment. It is called "FREEDOM OF SPEECH-FREEDOM OF THE PRESS. If a moderator wants to ‘moderate’ - then so be it.
Where did Rosebud tell you not to comment? All I saw was her mentioning that she herself did not comment due to the heavy moderation.
 
They do not say how old she is … varies from child to girl. And yes, better to take care. And yes the pro abortion lobby… they are using eg the Magdalen Laundry scandal to push abortion. Dreading the referendum and as I am English I cannot even vote. Been here 16 years.
Not to digress too much,however just wondering as if you now how close to reality the Magdelen Laundry scandal was accurately depicted in the movie titled the same?
I watched thT several years ago and it was beyond disturbing.😦
 
Not to digress too much,however just wondering as if you now how close to reality the Magdelen Laundry scandal was accurately depicted in the movie titled the same?
I watched thT several years ago and it was beyond disturbing.😦
I read an account of that whole filthy affair. Those nuns deserve the death penalty if any are still alive. And no, I am not just being dramatic. No church has any right to imprision anyone, especially for things which are not even crimes. Thus their operation would constitute kidnapping, which, after the Lindberg baby affair, warrants the death penalty under US law.
 
Where did Rosebud tell you not to comment? All I saw was her mentioning that she herself did not comment due to the heavy moderation.
Go back to the original, one sentence line of Rosebud’s post. “Please don’t add a comment…” Peace.
 
Where did Rosebud tell you not to comment? All I saw was her mentioning that she herself did not comment due to the heavy moderation.
I have a serious eye condition called glaucoma. Sometimes words and letters run together. A poor excuse, I guess, but it is true. I offer my humble apologies for misreading the post. Peace.:o
 
I have a serious eye condition called glaucoma. Sometimes words and letters run together. A poor excuse, I guess, but it is true. I offer my humble apologies for misreading the post. Peace.:o
:)👍
And, praying for your vision health.
:signofcross:
 
And as if that wasn’t bad enough then there’s the Tuam affair. Secretly burying peopel in septic tanks? Who on the face of the bloody earth did the church have teaching their nuns? John Wayne Gacy?

I’m sorry, but my grandmother, who is (was) of Irish immigrant stock gave birth to my Granddad unwed in the early '40s. Its a very good thing that they lived in the states or my familly history could have ended with my great grandmother kidnapped and my granddad thrown in a sewer.
 
One spot of a nation’s soil oes not stontainiously have a hugely increased rate of child mortality. My bets are on medical experimentation.

If you described to someone who didn’t know any better the amount of abuses of women, pedophilia, and political bombings, they would think of the middle east, not an EU nation in the 2nd half of the 20th century.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top