Is buying Casio watches sinful?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheLad2354
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. They seem expensive and unnecessary to me…
Seems like a fancy Hipster watch to me. Overpriced in my opinion but not sinful.
In regards to the quality G-Shock watches themselves, they are pretty much universally lauded as high quality watches for their usefulness and durability. Although that particular design might be catered towards a more “hipster” crowd, it’s anything but an overpriced hipster watch.

(I’m totally not promoting their watches, btw! But as a watch lover myself, I wanted to point that out).
 
Last edited:
Is buying Casio watches sinful?

I sure hope not! I’ve been wearing G-Shock watches for eons! Now I’m not exactly happy that the Church has decided to add ecological sins to the catechism. But Casio watches?

Houston…we’ve got a problem!!!
 
Nike is the name of a pagan goddess. It was deliberately chosen as a brand name for that reason. Have you thought about the implications of that for our day-to-day lives?
 
(though, strangely, not Portuguese)
Not as strange as all that. St. Martin of Braga, a sixth-century bishop, objected to the pagan names and switched to the names used in ecclesiastical Latin. People sometimes wonder why he didn’t object to the names of the months that commemorate pagan gods such as Janus, Mars, Maia, and Juno, which he left unchanged.
 
Oh please, not another one of these threads.
Is breathing sinful?
Is using too much salt on my morning eggs sinful?
Is walking barefooted through my house sinful?
Look at the Ten Commandments. Keep your eyes on the prize.
 
Our days of the week are named after pagan gods and goddesses.

Must I throw away my calendar?
 
Neither of us liked it, and we sold it to hubby’s brother.
Your mileage may vary indeed. I love my Outback, even more than I loved my previous one that was T-boned by a red light runner 2 months after I bought it and was still capable of getting on the flatbed tow truck under its own power, even though it was eventually declared a total loss due to the cost of repair.
 
Nike is the name of a pagan goddess. It was deliberately chosen as a brand name for that reason. Have you thought about the implications of that for our day-to-day lives?
Well, some might say that that since Nike was the goddess of Victory, it was a logical name for sports gear with which participants hoped to achieve just that. But if you’d like to consider such implications, consider that there is a huge statue of a pagan goddess in New York harbor. Make of that what you will.
 
Or the subliminal implications that “Just Do It” has now.
 
Last edited:
And Dr. Egon Spengler once said “they don’t make Nikes in her size, Ray.” COINCIDENCE!?!?!?
 
I went to the G Shock page, and I have no idea what the name is. Just tell us.
 
I went to the G Shock page, and I have no idea what the name is. Just tell us.
Does it matter? Whatever it may be, it can’t be any more pagan than Nike or Thursday or March.
 
Last edited:
Same here. Was not aware that Casio is something related to pagan entities or something… how about Mazda? There is this ahura mazda thingy.
 
And don’t forget that most of the satellite/moons/dwarf planets of the planets are named after pagan gods as well. There are a plethora ( I just had to include one of my favorite terms, and if you’ve seen The Three Amigos, it will be that much funnier). Ganymede, Triton, Titan, Callisto, Charon, Mimas, Ceres, Rhea, Dione, Tethys, Makemake, Haumea, Orcus, Vanth (You’re gonna love this one, moon of Orcus, and named after a winged female demon of the Etruscan underworld), just to name a few.
 
It’s not that it matters to me specifically. I had asked because I thought that the OP did not need to withhold such information.
 

Collection #2
I am not interested in these but wonder if by having them it makes it wrong to buy from this company.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top