Is It a Grave Sin to Vote Democrat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a moral theologian but let’s look at this logically.

Abortion is murder and breaks the 6th commandment. This is we know.

Putting a child in a cage and starving it to death is again breaking the 6th commandment high is evil.

Putting a child in detention could be considered a cage.

Putting a baby in a crib could be considered a cage

Putting a child in jail could be considered a cage.

Are we taking care of these caged children? Do they get food and water?

I’d rather my toddler get ripped from my arms and put in prison then know his skull is going to get crushed and his body cut up and sold off as spare parts for science.
Excellent post
 
Right. And conservatives here roll out the welcome mat whenever I walk into a thread . . .
This reply is from Catholic Stand.
Is Guy McClung a priest? What are his qualifications?

This issue boils down to a put-up-or-shut-up scenario. If it’s true that Catholics voting for Democrats are placing their eternal souls in peril, please show us a Magisterial statement to back it.

In the meantime, it might help to know that many years ago, when the race was Bush vs. Kerry, my parish priest did reassure me in the confessional that it would not be a sin to vote for Kerry. (I voted for an independent candidate, so it ended up being moot).

I’m curious what would happen if my progressive cohorts here confessed to how they voted. It would be interesting to hear how their priests respond . . .
 
Last edited:
Here is a devout Catholic pro-life, socially concerned family man with integrity running for president… in an independent party. His name is Joe Schriner. I just pray more Catholics knew about him! https://www.voteforjoe.com/
Check his platform out. He’s a real gem.
 
Last edited:
to the question of whether it is a grave sin (or indeed any sin at all) to vote for a Democrat, it depends on the reasons for voting for that person. If one votes for a candidate because they desire an immoral policy favored by that candidate, that is a sin because it is formal cooperation with evil. But if a person votes for a candidate and does not desire that policy, but for some other reason, that can be informal mediate remote cooperation with evil, which can be allowed when there is a proportionately serious reason to do so. T
So would it be morally acceptable to support Hitler’s Nazi Germany as long as I didn’t support, promote or like the Holocaust?
 
40.png
LeafByNiggle:
to the question of whether it is a grave sin (or indeed any sin at all) to vote for a Democrat, it depends on the reasons for voting for that person. If one votes for a candidate because they desire an immoral policy favored by that candidate, that is a sin because it is formal cooperation with evil. But if a person votes for a candidate and does not desire that policy, but for some other reason, that can be informal mediate remote cooperation with evil, which can be allowed when there is a proportionately serious reason to do so. T
So would it be morally acceptable to support Hitler’s Nazi Germany as long as I didn’t support, promote or like the Holocaust?
There is a difference between “sometimes” and “always.” Or between “may” and “must”.
 
Last edited:
I’m not a moral theologian but let’s look at this logically.

Abortion is murder and breaks the 6th commandment. This is we know.

Putting a child in a cage and starving it to death is again breaking the 6th commandment high is evil.

Putting a child in detention could be considered a cage.

Putting a baby in a crib could be considered a cage

Putting a child in jail could be considered a cage.

Are we taking care of these caged children? Do they get food and water?

I’d rather my toddler get ripped from my arms and put in prison then know his skull is going to get crushed and his body cut up and sold off as spare parts for science.
Are we as Catholics now arguing that ripping children away from their parents to put them in concentration camps is acceptable as long as they are not being murdered?

We can be against both abortion and inhumane treatment of children and their parents.
 
ripping children away from their parents to put them in concentration camps
I would think that most Jewish people would find this comment extremely offensive. Especially those whose loved ones perished in REAL concentration camps. You should seriously consider editing your post, and brush-up on your history.
 
Last edited:
as Catholics now arguing that ripping children away from their parents to put them in concentration camps is acceptable as long as they are not being murdered?
Not acceptable, but preferable.
Same as concept as a venial sin because that’s what it most likely is.

I think America has a big heart and nobody wants children to be separated from thier parents.

Democrats however want abortion even until just before the moment of birth. They WANT eternal separation from parents.
 
From the article:
For over a decade now there has been an ever-burgeoning body of discussions and publications making the point that, for a Catholic with a well-formed conscience, it is a mortal sin to vote for any Democrat.
I would bet such discussions are more common among Republicans than Democrats. Of course the proposition is ludicrous, as is the idea that anyone would take this article for anything other than political propaganda. This author, no one, has any right to lay extra burdens of what is sin and what is not beyond what the Church has done. Jesus condemned him and his ilk in the strongest possible terms. Politicians and pundits play the morality card when it suits them and ignore morality when it does not.

I seldom can vote for a Democrat, but I do when he is the most moral choice. When both choices are beyond what I can accept morally, I will vote for a third choice, or not at all.
 
Last edited:
Are we as Catholics now arguing that ripping children away from their parents to put them in concentration camps is acceptable as long as they are not being murdered?

We can be against both abortion and inhumane treatment of children and their parents.
The thing is, no candidate really fulfills the complete Catholic profile of what we should be voting for. For us voters, it’s not about choosing the “good” candidate, it’s about choosing the “lesser of the evils.” And most of the time, it’s a very, very fine line because both candidates are usually almost equally bad.

People who choose to vote for the pro life candidate are most likely feeling that they are choosing the lesser of the evils…while still not approving of other aspects of their candidate of choice.
 
Not acceptable, but preferable.
Same as concept as a venial sin because that’s what it most likely is.

I think America has a big heart and nobody wants children to be separated from thier parents.

Democrats however want abortion even until just before the moment of birth. They WANT eternal separation from parents.
Also, the whole “I’ll do whatever I want with my body and you can’t stop me…” and “abortion is basic health care” and “fetuses aren’t humans and don’t have constitutional rights” mentalities add another layer of evil to abortion. Many people truly think it’s okay to kill babies in the womb and are not willing to defend them and fight on their behalf. On the other hand, pretty much all people are in agreement that children already born deserve to be cared for and loved. There’s no argument about whether a born child is human and that killing him/her is murder.
 
Last edited:
Is Guy McClung a priest? What are his qualifications?
Not a priest or theologian or member of the magisterium. This is what the Catholic Stand website says about him:
Guy McClung lives with his wife of 44+ years south of Houston, Texas helping inventors develop and patent their inventions. Following two stints in the seminary with the missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, total 5 years (for which he is truly and forever thankful), he came to the realization that God was not calling him to that type of vowed obedience; so he left the seminary and got married. Seven children and eleven grandchildren later, he decided to try to write some words that would convey his thanks to God almighty for blessing after blessing after blessing."
"
 
Why are we even accepting the premise of concentration camps?
It is a lie… isn’t it?
I’d say a gross exaggeration at best. A total out right lie at worst and just plain hypocrisy when compared with the situation at your local planned Parenthood.
 
40.png
Rational1:
ripping children away from their parents to put them in concentration camps
I would think that most Jewish people would find this comment extremely offensive. Especially those whose loved ones perished in REAL concentration camps. You should seriously consider editing your post, and brush-up on your history.
You mean like this example from history?

https://www.gq.com/story/george-takei-american-concentration-camps

To think that a gay man is making this moral stand rather than all our brothers and sisters in the church is truly heartbreaking.
 
So, yes, of you have a brain, voting for a democrat is a grave sin.
…said the Church never.

Really? Do you think that saying other have no brain should be acceptable here?

Oh, and there are Democrats that do not favor abortion. I have known a few. And no, they do not vote as a block on those issues because they have a D in front of their name.
 
Last edited:
“Thou shall not kill” is the the fifth commandment for Catholics.

Kidnapping, for example, is a sin against the fifth commandment.

We don’t accept grave sin in order to prevent another sin.
 
Last edited:
That is about what I pay for health insurance as well.

Interestingly, my girlfriend and I met a British couple and I asked about the taxes that they pay. She said that they aren’t taxed till their income goes over £12,800 and then it is 20%. I am remembering correctly, it stays at 20% for anything they make after that £12,800.

They have universal Healthcare and love it!

I am all for having my income taxed that much as it’s a hell of alot less than the over 50% I am paying now!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top