Is it a sin to watch certain TV shows?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sydney28
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No feel free to watch what you want. You are left in charge to discern whether you are sinning or not because only you can judge your heart. Noone else on these boards has the ability to do that.
Amen!
 
I watch a lot of tv shows, and many of the people don’t act moral at all.

I watch some bravo tv shows, but i stopped watching work out after i realized it started to become more and more about being gay rather than working out.

I think it’s individual whether it’s a sin or not.
 
Sin is not individual for Catholics. Sin, as described in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, is specific. A properly formed conscience will detect it and avoid it.

God bless,
Ed
 
And I am not going to hell for watching tv, no matter what I watch.😛
 
Really? No matter what you watch? Porn? Dexter? Californication?

Peace,
Ed
 
Really? No matter what you watch? Porn? Dexter? Californication?

Peace,
Ed
You’ll never know what I watch and I don’t watch anything that will send me to hell. Unless of course some of the police shows or LA Law or such else are included. But I truly don’t believe just watching a program on regular tv can send one to hell. I’m getting tired of the judgements thrown around here that noone is entitled to make. Leave the judging to one and just let everyone enjoy the entertainment.
 
All entertainment is not equal and, yes, some very well can and IS sinful. With a properly formed conscious and the advice of faith-filled friends, we are not only able to discern appropriate entertainment, we MUST DISCERN. To this end, I offer the following quote (I apologize to my wise friend who shared this with me because I can’t remember who said it):

What should not be done, should not be seen (or viewed)
What should not be spoken, should not be heard.
 
Oh, and one more thing…
Many moons ago (when I was a young woman), I was hooked on the show Knots Landing until it’s upcoming season ads used the seven deadly sins to entice prospective viewers as reasons for watching it. Hmmm… I said to myself and I never tuned in to watch it again.
 
You know some might irrationally try to claim that the Star Trek series is sinful, or Stargate, or other science fiction stuff. Well I ain’t giving it up.
 
Jim. No one knows where you live. We don’t even know if your real name is jim. Got it? If you’re here just to tell everybody I’ll just do what I want, why?

Peace,
Ed
 

IMNSHO, “Dexter” is unwatchable 🙂 - & I’ve tried. Most TV in the UK is dross - except for “the Simpsons” 😃 (which is superb in every way)​

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top