F
Fitswimmer
Guest
I think it is a terribly simplistic analysis of the culture to blame it’s entire downfall on the media.If my comments are incorrect then you have uncovered a bigger mystery. Church attendance has declined in the Western world. Catholics are “shacking up,” having sex outside of marriage. Some cuss and swear like truck drivers. You are suggesting the causes are outside of what they see and hear everyday? What they meditate on every day?
Catholics going online for porn or going out to strip clubs or smoking dope. This just sort of all happened on its own?
Just because the man doesn’t say, “Honey. Could you put on the latest Jennifer Aniston fornication movie?” does not make it less true.
You taking personal offense and/or speaking for all Catholics who you say can discern for themselves is contradicted by behavior I see all around me.
Either I’m wrong or it’s a total mystery. Either I’m wrong or watching Miss Aniston playing a married woman hopping into bed with her husband’s coworker just goes in one eyeball and out the other. And, of course, everyone is having only holy thoughts while watching.
Peace,
Ed
I tend to take the opposite view, that the media reflects how society acts and what it values.