Is it possible that God would never tell us our vocation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter benjammin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benjammin

Guest
Just wondering because i’ve never really heard anything from God telling me to do something like “get married” or “be a priest” or even “stay single”. It sometimes feels like i’m just drifting while all my friends are out getting married or joining a seminary, or those who are single are actually doing something with their lives.

Me, I just feel like i’m drifting in a vast sea of nothingness with only God there. Things seem so rough, and if it wasn’t for God, I would probably not be here. Anyway, is it possible that God would never reveal a vocation to someone, or make it happen until it was too late. I’m always worried about this because I don’t want to get married later in life. My parents got married when my dad was 45 and my mom was 38 and it has caused so many issues, ranging from my brothers Autism, to my dad dying at 61 when I was 15. Same thing goes for if i’m called to being a priest. I don’t want to find out that calling at 40. I’d rather have it now so I can serve God longer and better.

I guess though i am just left to drift though. Anyway, does anyone else feel like they haven’t received a vocation?
 
I’m in the same boat. I’d like to get married, but at 33 without a girlfriend and having Aspergers which makes it verry difficult/impossible to socialize, I don’t see it happening.
 
No, God does not have a will for you that you ought to be following today but which you cannot follow because God refuses to reveal it to you in a way that you can understand. That is not going to happen. It is true, however, that your calling each day (and we do need to listen each day) can be known by its conformity for what God wants of you, and not by its conformity to your own prejudices about the future you want for yourself. You have understandable prejudices, but they are still pre-judgements about which calls from God you are and are not open to following. When we take that attitude, this old saying applies: That dog won’t hunt! God is not going to make you over into anyone other than your truest self, but if God is going to do that, we do have to believe that God knows us better than we know ourselves.

Here is a quote about vocation from St. Gianna Beretta Molla that you might find helpful:

What is a vocation?
It is a gift from God, so it comes from God
If it is a gift from God,
our concern must be to know God’s will.
We must enter that path
if God wants, when God wants, how God wants.
Never force the door."

Here is a famous prayer from Thomas Merton, from his book Thoughts in Solitude, that many others have also found helpful, as it is applicable to so many circumstances:

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.
 
What are you currently doing to help discern your vocation? In other words, are you waiting to get a message from God or are you looking for God’s Will in your life by dating/researching religious life, etc?
 
What are you currently doing to help discern your vocation? In other words, are you waiting to get a message from God or are you looking for God’s Will in your life by dating/researching religious life, etc?
I don’t really have the time or the resources. Right now I substitute teach and work at a grocery store at night. I can’t really just go out and research a certain order (i’ve done surveys and I’d consider either the jesuits or the glenmary missioners, or the divine word missionaries since i feel called into being more of a lay missionary than a priest). Also, I can’t really date. Besides my weird schedule, I live in the middle of nowhere. Most 23 year olds I know are either married, or they are people who don’t have God in their lives and unfortunately I am not strong enough yet to get them back to their faith. Also I don’t have much gas money to go to nearby cities where there are women.

I have tried both secular and catholic online dating sites, but to no avail. The women i meet on secular sites who say they are catholic 9 times out of 10 are cafeteria catholics, and the problem with Catholicmatch is that there aren’t many on the site within driving distance. Also, I don’t have many events to go to. As I said I live in a rural area, so there aren’t many oppurtunities to go to catholic events since almsot everybody that goes is old or married. I know people say that the older people will set you up, but i’ve never heard of this happening.
Also i am a shy person. I guess I just hope God would send my a woman who could break though my shyness and like me. I know its naive and dumb, but why not?

I honestly wish God would just give me a purpose other than just to serve him by living a life. I want to have a vocation. Not just be single and drifting. Sometimes I almost think I should just go into the priesthood. I know its not good to pick your vocation, but honestly whats wrong with that? Its not like i’m going to be some unholy priest just because i didn’t have a calling. If i become a priest I’ll do my best to serve the lord, even if he hasn’t called me in a sense.
 
I don’t really have the time or the resources. Right now I substitute teach and work at a grocery store at night. I can’t really just go out and research a certain order (i’ve done surveys and I’d consider either the jesuits or the glenmary missioners, or the divine word missionaries since i feel called into being more of a lay missionary than a priest). Also, I can’t really date. Besides my weird schedule, I live in the middle of nowhere. Most 23 year olds I know are either married, or they are people who don’t have God in their lives and unfortunately I am not strong enough yet to get them back to their faith. Also I don’t have much gas money to go to nearby cities where there are women.

I have tried both secular and catholic online dating sites, but to no avail. The women i meet on secular sites who say they are catholic 9 times out of 10 are cafeteria catholics, and the problem with Catholicmatch is that there aren’t many on the site within driving distance. Also, I don’t have many events to go to. As I said I live in a rural area, so there aren’t many oppurtunities to go to catholic events since almsot everybody that goes is old or married. I know people say that the older people will set you up, but i’ve never heard of this happening.
Also i am a shy person. I guess I just hope God would send my a woman who could break though my shyness and like me. I know its naive and dumb, but why not?

I honestly wish God would just give me a purpose other than just to serve him by living a life. I want to have a vocation. Not just be single and drifting. Sometimes I almost think I should just go into the priesthood. I know its not good to pick your vocation, but honestly whats wrong with that? Its not like i’m going to be some unholy priest just because i didn’t have a calling. If i become a priest I’ll do my best to serve the lord, even if he hasn’t called me in a sense.
My husband travelled 250 miles to visit me just for the weekend. Where there is a will there is a way.

Sorry. All I see are excuses. God doesn’t just drop a man or woman at their front door. Sometimes men and women have a dramatic aha moment wrt a religious calling, not all…and probably not most.

You need to work with Him.
 
I don’t really have the time or the resources. Right now I substitute teach and work at a grocery store at night.

I honestly wish God would just give me a purpose other than just to serve him by living a life. I want to have a vocation. Not just be single and drifting.
It seems to me you ARE living your vocation for now, which is singlehood. Who says you are doing nothing by substitute teaching and working in a grocery store? Just think of all the kids’ lives that you touch every single day! So, even if you can’t talk about relgion in public schools, you can set a wonderful example for them and let the light of Christ shine through you for them to see! Maybe they’ll see you praying at lunch and making the sign of the cross. Maybe they’ll notice your kindness and patience and wonder what is “different” about you. And of course you can always PRAY for these children–everyday–even if they don’t know you’re praying for them! Same for working in a grocery store. Maybe your kindess to a customer is the only kindness they’ve experienced all day. Maybe YOU are the only Jesus some people will ever know! So we live each moment of each day of our lives and offer it up for Jesus no matter how simple or how “boring” it might seem to the rest of the world. Remember Jesus lived most of his life in a quiet little town without riches or fame or doing anything “great”. But you can bet He offered everything He did for the love of His Heavenly Father. This is not to say that God means for you to be single for your whole life, but He has called you to this for now. Thank Him for it and ask Him what you can do to live for Him every day!
 
Just wondering because i’ve never really heard anything from God telling me to do something like “get married” or “be a priest” or even “stay single”. It sometimes feels like i’m just drifting while all my friends are out getting married or joining a seminary, or those who are single are actually doing something with their lives.

Me, I just feel like i’m drifting in a vast sea of nothingness with only God there. Things seem so rough, and if it wasn’t for God, I would probably not be here. Anyway, is it possible that God would never reveal a vocation to someone, or make it happen until it was too late. I’m always worried about this because I don’t want to get married later in life. My parents got married when my dad was 45 and my mom was 38 and it has caused so many issues, ranging from my brothers Autism, to my dad dying at 61 when I was 15. Same thing goes for if i’m called to being a priest. I don’t want to find out that calling at 40. I’d rather have it now so I can serve God longer and better.

I guess though i am just left to drift though. Anyway, does anyone else feel like they haven’t received a vocation?
This catechism on vocations helped tremendously in figuring out what my vocation was:

lxoa.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/a-catechism-on-vocations/

Based on my reading this document, I did eventually recieve a very clear, miraculous sign that God is calling me to be a married man one day. That said, God is calling me to be a single man right now, so I will carry my cross and try to enjoy the state of life that God is calling me to for as long as He wants me there!

The only question we need to worry about in life is whether we are loving God our whole heart and our neighbour by extension (and the answer to that question is always going to be “no”). God will take care of everything else just as long as we keep our attention focused on the two commandments above!
 
Just wondering because i’ve never really heard anything from God telling me to do something like “get married” or “be a priest” or even “stay single”. It sometimes feels like i’m just drifting while all my friends are out getting married or joining a seminary, or those who are single are actually doing something with their lives.

Me, I just feel like i’m drifting in a vast sea of nothingness with only God there. Things seem so rough, and if it wasn’t for God, I would probably not be here. Anyway, is it possible that God would never reveal a vocation to someone, or make it happen until it was too late. I’m always worried about this because I don’t want to get married later in life. My parents got married when my dad was 45 and my mom was 38 and it has caused so many issues, ranging from my brothers Autism, to my dad dying at 61 when I was 15. Same thing goes for if i’m called to being a priest. I don’t want to find out that calling at 40. I’d rather have it now so I can serve God longer and better.

I guess though i am just left to drift though. Anyway, does anyone else feel like they haven’t received a vocation?
I feel like I was not called to anything also. Hang in there. I do hope you find yours.
 
I have that exact problem. I’m single, shy, and heterosexual. I often pray to God that I become asexual, get married, and/or become some sort of servant to Him. It would mean the most to me than anything else ever could.
 
I don’t really have the time or the resources. Right now I substitute teach and work at a grocery store at night. I can’t really just go out and research a certain order (i’ve done surveys and I’d consider either the jesuits or the glenmary missioners, or the divine word missionaries since i feel called into being more of a lay missionary than a priest). Also, I can’t really date. Besides my weird schedule, I live in the middle of nowhere. Most 23 year olds I know are either married, or they are people who don’t have God in their lives and unfortunately I am not strong enough yet to get them back to their faith. Also I don’t have much gas money to go to nearby cities where there are women.

I have tried both secular and catholic online dating sites, but to no avail. The women i meet on secular sites who say they are catholic 9 times out of 10 are cafeteria catholics, and the problem with Catholicmatch is that there aren’t many on the site within driving distance. Also, I don’t have many events to go to. As I said I live in a rural area, so there aren’t many oppurtunities to go to catholic events since almsot everybody that goes is old or married. I know people say that the older people will set you up, but i’ve never heard of this happening.
Also i am a shy person. I guess I just hope God would send my a woman who could break though my shyness and like me. I know its naive and dumb, but why not?

I honestly wish God would just give me a purpose other than just to serve him by living a life. I want to have a vocation. Not just be single and drifting. Sometimes I almost think I should just go into the priesthood. I know its not good to pick your vocation, but honestly whats wrong with that? Its not like i’m going to be some unholy priest just because i didn’t have a calling. If i become a priest I’ll do my best to serve the lord, even if he hasn’t called me in a sense.
There is an old cliche but sometimes a cliche has a strong kernel of truth. The cliche that comes to mind is “bloom where your planted.”

Your substitute teach and work with at a grocery store. You are touching students each day and customers and co-workers at night. You are in the world right now, with your faith and witness through the way you conduct yourself on the job and your interactions.

You can bring Christ to people each and EVERY day with a joyful smile, a kind word, a look of encouragement , etc. Think of the oportunities the Lord is giving you every and single day! Do you think you would be doing more as a missionary in a foreign land?

You need to continue your prayers, but perhaps the intention needs to be more directed in terms of attitude. You are where you are for a reason. I speak from personal experience – in my twenties I felt trapped in my small suburban town and it looked to me everyone was getting on with their lives except me. I look back on those days now thirty years later and I see that God was preparing me for a wonderful life, job, and many blessings. I needed to make peace with where I was before I could move on.
 
You have my sympathy and I feel your pain,

You also have my prayers so that you can better discern!!

May the SACRED HEART BLESS YOU!!
 
My husband travelled 250 miles to visit me just for the weekend. Where there is a will there is a way.

Sorry. All I see are excuses. God doesn’t just drop a man or woman at their front door. Sometimes men and women have a dramatic aha moment wrt a religious calling, not all…and probably not most.

You need to work with Him.
So how do I work with him huh. I’ve been told many times to attend catholic events. Well they are almost always on nights I work. Also since I work weekends retreats are darn near impossible. My church doesn’t even have any singles. Most of my parish is older, and their children are older than me and already taken. How do I work with that. I can’t exactly move right now.

Also, I wasn’t born the most attractive guy. I’m sorry, but even devout girls need something good to look at and that i’m not. Sorry if its an excuse I can’t help it. I understand your trying to help and I’m glad that your husband made such sacrifices but I just feel like your being uncharitable and saying i’m lazy. I’m sorry if i’m taking this hard, but I hate when people say I make excuse. It feels like they are just picking on me rather than helping me with solutions
 
People who have it better than you love to make excuses to sound all that. Who cares what they say? They matter even less.
 
I don’t really have the time or the resources… I guess I just hope God would send my a woman who could break though my shyness and like me. I know its naive and dumb, but why not?

I honestly wish God would just give me a purpose other than just to serve him by living a life. I want to have a vocation. Not just be single and drifting…
Why not? Because those who with purpose and those who achieve look for what, why, and how. They don’t tick off the reasons why not. That’s just the way it works.

What do you mean it isn’t good to pick your vocation? What do you mean by that? You figure out your vocation by discerning which seems the most likely one and pursuing that. I think you’ve merely been misinformed. Did you know that those who succeed will fail more often than those who don’t? Why? Because it takes a lot of tries to achieve a success, and most of the tries prior to the success will be some flavor of so-called “failure.” Yes, I mean that most guys with wives have gone through more rejections and failures than you have. Not all, you do have to choose where you try with some intelligence (as you seem to be doing! 👍) but probably most who have tried intelligently and reached their goal have still gone through a lot of false leads.

If you’re listening while you’re about this pursuit, if you have your eyes open, you’ll figure out within the process of the pursuit whether or not you’re barking up the wrong tree. You don’t find your vocation a priori, before you’ve looked for evidence. You have to go looking and you have to go out listening before you’re going to see or hear anything. You have to go out in order to pick up the scent and follow the trail. If you’re paying attention, you won’t go down the wrong trail for long without realizing that it is cold.

You say you don’t have time to research religious orders and you don’t have the time to go looking for a suitable wife…think about that! If this is so, then if God gave you this purpose you want, what would you do with it? Do you think that having a wife and family takes less time than looking for a wife? Do you think parenting takes fewer resources than courting? That the process of being accepted to a seminary is less arduous than researching seminaries? What are you waiting for?

Consider perhaps that this inner desire to have a greater purpose is your purpose. You are being called to pay the price to go out looking for your call…you are being called to use your imagination and desire to find the resources. Even if your paradoxical answer is that God wants you doing exactly what you are doing, don’t you see that your heart will change if this is the answer you find by looking, a destination you reach by going out and coming back, rather than being something you presume you have because you never “got a call”?

Listen to what Bl. John Paul II said in his homily at the canonization of St. Theresa Benedicta of the Cross; I have always thought it spoke eloquently to those who drift because they do not know to dare to go out with purpose to find the truth about themselves (from vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/homilies/1998/documents/hf_jp-ii_hom_11101998_stein_en.html):🙂

*Although Edith Stein had been brought up religiously by her Jewish mother, at the age of 14 she “had consciously and deliberately stopped praying”. She wanted to rely exclusively on herself and was concerned to assert her freedom in making decisions about her life. At the end of a long journey, she came to the surprising realization: only those who commit themselves to the love of Christ become truly free.

This woman had to face the challenges of such a radically changing century as our own. Her experience is an example to us. The modern world boasts of the enticing door which says: everything is permitted. It ignores the narrow gate of discernment and renunciation. I am speaking especially to you, young Christians, particularly to the many altar servers who have come to Rome these days on pilgrimage: Pay attention! Your life is not an endless series of open doors! Listen to your heart! Do not stay on the surface, but go to the heart of things! And when the time is right, have the courage to decide! The Lord is waiting for you to put your freedom in his good hands.

St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross was able to understand that the love of Christ and human freedom are intertwined, because love and truth have an intrinsic relationship. The quest for truth and its expression in love did not seem at odds to her; on the contrary she realized that they call for one another.

In our time, truth is often mistaken for the opinion of the majority. In addition, there is a widespread belief that one should use the truth even against love or vice versa. But truth and love need each other. St Teresa Benedicta is a witness to this. The “martyr for love”, who gave her life for her friends, let no one surpass her in love. At the same time, with her whole being she sought the truth, of which she wrote: “No spiritual work comes into the world without great suffering. It always challenges the whole person”.

St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross says to us all: Do not accept anything as the truth if it lacks love. And do not accept anything as love which lacks truth! One without the other becomes a destructive lie. *

You’re being called to go out, to try some doors. Go do it!! There is nothing wrong with that!!
 
So how do I work with him huh. I’ve been told many times to attend catholic events. Well they are almost always on nights I work. Also since I work weekends retreats are darn near impossible. My church doesn’t even have any singles. Most of my parish is older, and their children are older than me and already taken. How do I work with that. I can’t exactly move right now.

Also, I wasn’t born the most attractive guy. I’m sorry, but even devout girls need something good to look at and that i’m not. Sorry if its an excuse I can’t help it. I understand your trying to help and I’m glad that your husband made such sacrifices but I just feel like your being uncharitable and saying i’m lazy. I’m sorry if i’m taking this hard, but I hate when people say I make excuse. It feels like they are just picking on me rather than helping me with solutions
I don’t know who is saying you’re lazy. That doesn’t help. We’re saying that if you have the will,* dare to keep looking for a way!* Think about what squirrels and racoons will go through to get what they want. If you are being called to something greater–and I think this is what you are saying–then dare to a) go out and look for it and b) dare to be patient in waiting for God to do what you cannot do for yourself.

Abraham was 75 when he was called out of the land of his kin, 86 when Ismael was born, and over 99 when Isaac was born. Following the will of God takes not only the courage to go forth, but the courage to remain patient. We have to have both. If patience really is all you have to do, then make the most of your waiting time, use it to dispose yourself to be a very good husband or a very good priest or a very good whatever God is to ask you to do, and keep your eyes open for the day when you can rise and go forth. It will come. Stay ready, though, and look for your opportunities. They usually don’t fall into your lap.
 
I feel your pain. I tried to find my vocation, the result was that I am called to priesthood but only to find out that I am not good enough for that(I am good in math but very bad at language, so I failed a theology) D:
 
I believe that God will make His will known to you. Pray, actively seek answers, and ask God to prepare your heart for the answer He will give you. Would you listen to His word, no matter what His answer is?

The following is something I wrote to a friend a week or two ago about what God has been doing in my life recently regarding the area of discerning vocations. Perhaps it will help you, too. 🙂

(It’s kind of long, so if you don’t feel like reading it all, I have bolded the last two paragraphs, which I think probably apply to you more than the first few do. I hope this helps!)

*If you are genuinely seeking His will, you will find it. God is not trying to hide from you, or trick you into doing the wrong thing. I have been reading through the book of James, and one verse that stuck out to me and has continually been teaching me is verse 5 of chapter 1: “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” If you need wisdom on what to do in certain situations, just ask God, and He will give it to you! Not only that, but He gives generously “without finding fault.”

The book of James goes on to say: “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.” At first I didn’t understand why doubting would cause God not to give you the wisdom you seek. I could tell it offended Him, but I didn’t know why. I believe He finally revealed it to me last night.

To ask God in doubt is to reveal that you are not placing your trust in Him, but in your emotions. The reason He doesn’t give you the wisdom is because you wouldn’t listen to it anyway – you would only go off what your emotions were telling you. That is why the Bible says a person who asks in doubt is “like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” Our emotions go up and down all the time, regardless of reality. To trust in them is to be like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind of our feelings. They are not stable, but the man who trusts in the Lord and His Word receives the wisdom he seeks because he actually listens to it. He places his trust in what is concrete and unchanging – the Word of God – and not in his emotions.

God has been so gracious to me the past couple of months in that He has been teaching me SO much, despite my inadequacy and my complacency. The only way I can tell you this is because of His grace. I have asked God to increase my faith and the way I see Him doing it is by pounding into my head that I cannot, cannot, cannot place my trust in my emotions, but MUST place my trust in His Word. Emotions are not bad, but we can’t let ourselves be ruled by anything or anyone other than Christ.

**Another thing God is showing me is the importance of prayer. We really should not make any big decision without it. And when we pray, we should ask God to prepare our heart for the answer He has for us (since we might not like to hear it). Lately, I’ve been thinking about the path my life should take and whether or not I should pursue/prepare for marriage or not bother with it if God has called me to singleness. In the past, I wanted to know the answer to that question, but I was always afraid the answer would be “singleness.” So even if I did ask God for that wisdom, He wouldn’t give it to me because He knew I was going to just trust my emotions instead (I was asking in doubt and He knew I wouldn’t believe what He said, but I would place my trust in my fear instead).

But now that I finally understand how trusting our emotions can negatively impact our relationship with God, He has given me the grace to walk in the Truth. He has given me the grace to say, “Don’t worry about hurting my feelings; just give me the grace to do Your will.” (And I am in no way perfect or able to carry that promise through perfectly…this is just the beginning of this journey in Truth.) Now that I understand how doubt blocks us from receiving His wisdom, I am praying for the grace to push this doubt aside and receive Truth from Him, even if it hurts me. If you think of it, do pray for me as I seek whether or not He has called me to a life of singleness (and pray that my heart will be able to receive His answer)… because I just want to know His will so I can be better prepared for it. Likewise, if He has called me to a life of marriage, I want to be as prepared for it as I possibly can be.***

In addition to all of this, I want to say that you must be active in your pursuit of your vocation. Pray without ceasing. Don’t expect God to just drop an answer into your lap. Show Him that you mean it; do your part!
 
I don’t know who is saying you’re lazy. That doesn’t help. We’re saying that if you have the will,* dare to keep* looking for a way! Think about what squirrels and racoons will go through to get what they want. If you are being called to something greater–and I think this is what you are saying–then dare to a) go out and look for it and b) dare to be patient in waiting for God to do what you cannot do for yourself.

Abraham was 75 when he was called out of the land of his kin, 86 when Ismael was born, and over 99 when Isaac was born. Following the will of God takes not only the courage to go forth, but the courage to remain patient. We have to have both. If patience really is all you have to do, then make the most of your waiting time, use it to dispose yourself to be a very good husband or a very good priest or a very good whatever God is to ask you to do, and keep your eyes open for the day when you can rise and go forth. It will come. Stay ready, though, and look for your opportunities. They usually don’t fall into your lap.
I think that was meant for me. Not lazy. But you do seem to be unwilling to make some changes and act. Two very different things. What if what I have to say and what EasterJ has to say is God speaking to you through us? He does do that sometimes.

It sounds like you work ALL of the time? Do you? Is it necessary? Are you unable to switch your schedule with co-workers at all so you can attend events, etc? I just don’t see you trying to find ways to adjust your life to help make things happen/allow God to work.

What about online dating? You can also check into religious life online. There are many websites of various orders, etc. You can contact them directly online and at least get information to see if anything strikes you/if anything feels like a call from God.

God give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
 
I think that was meant for me. Not lazy. But you do seem to be unwilling to make some changes and act. Two very different things. What if what I have to say and what EasterJ has to say is God speaking to you through us? He does do that sometimes.

It sounds like you work ALL of the time? Do you? Is it necessary? Are you unable to switch your schedule with co-workers at all so you can attend events, etc? I just don’t see you trying to find ways to adjust your life to help make things happen/allow God to work.

What about online dating? You can also check into religious life online. There are many websites of various orders, etc. You can contact them directly online and at least get information to see if anything strikes you/if anything feels like a call from God.

God give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
He may have to work all the time, for the time being, and moving to a place where the prospects are better may not currently be a good option, for various legitimate reasons. He does need to use his imagination to look for openings, though. If the desire is in his heart, it still needs his active pursuit to be realized. These things don’t just fall into the lap, most of the time. Sometimes it does take a lot of patience, though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top