J
jesusmademe
Guest
A faithful Catholic who go to confession frequently is a Catholic who frequently commits mortal sin it would seem but…couldn’t it be that the person did not actually have a correct understanding of the distinction between mortal and venial sins. Is it really that easy to discern if an act was a mortal or venial sin?
I really do have a hard time diacerning whether an act was a mortal or venial sin. I’ve been trying to understand this but it is hard. If I were to become a Catholic I would have to understand what actions I commited that would send me to hell. Examen of conscience is bassically discerment of which acts I commited that would send me to hell. I dont really agree on the extrene focus on acts commited. I havent really figured this out yet so it will take a lobg time before I can become a Catholic. I know I am a sinner but I just dont see sins as act. I see sin more like a process. The Church tells me this is very easy to figure out but I guess I am stupid (although I have a normal IQ). So a mortal is supposed to something that happened at one particular point in time. All the other times venial sins was commited. I dont really agree on this. This is my biggest issue with becoming a Catholic.
I really do have a hard time diacerning whether an act was a mortal or venial sin. I’ve been trying to understand this but it is hard. If I were to become a Catholic I would have to understand what actions I commited that would send me to hell. Examen of conscience is bassically discerment of which acts I commited that would send me to hell. I dont really agree on the extrene focus on acts commited. I havent really figured this out yet so it will take a lobg time before I can become a Catholic. I know I am a sinner but I just dont see sins as act. I see sin more like a process. The Church tells me this is very easy to figure out but I guess I am stupid (although I have a normal IQ). So a mortal is supposed to something that happened at one particular point in time. All the other times venial sins was commited. I dont really agree on this. This is my biggest issue with becoming a Catholic.
Last edited: