I’ll post in a different color within you quotes to make sure I answer each question…etc…
You said,
“if any man eat” and “you may eat it” are not the same. Now you are interpreting.
You said to stick with the black and white of the text, so let’s do that."
Actually, I said both, check the words, but this is a minor point. You are starting to stray from the words that I posted.
You said,
“And to directly answer your question, none present were/are excluded from His teaching on the Real Presence.”
I never used the phrase “Real Presence” and I might have missed that in the text.
**Question 10.
Are you saying the words “real presence” are in the text?**
That is
not what I asked! This does not count as an answered question. Here is what I asked, please answer the question as I asked it, about the text.
1. Were the ones he was talking to face to face excluded from this statement, even though he just told them the bread IS present and right under their noses? When he says directly to them, "that if any man eat of it, he may not die."
v. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven; that if any man eat of it, he may not die.
Present tense is used to describe the bread, in other words Jesus IS in the present the present Bread of life. That would make sense since he is there physically present with them in real time.
And so even though he was saying the bread is PRESENT, you seem to be saying he did not really mean they could eat the bread then, when he made the offer to them, so they themselves “may not die”
By the way the phrase “may eat” in the Greek is an Aorist Subjunctive. The Aorist has the idea of past action, not future action. The subjunctive is conditional and has to do with maybe they will, maybe they will not. But one thing for sure is it is NOT future tense.
So they can eat his flesh now or not eat his flesh now, that is their choice. But he is talking to them at that point in time and is making a valid offer to them. I can’t imagine Jesus offering something, but not really meaning it.
Question 11
Were they excluded from this offer to “any man”? Did this include them?
You seem to be suggesting that since he did not say, “take eat”. That “if any man eat” does not refer to them directly, so even though Jesus himself made this offer to them, they would not be able to fulfill this, because it did not use the phrase in Matthew, which of course had not yet been written, which said, “take eat”.
And if I understand what you are saying, even though Jesus himself said to them “they may eat his flesh” that did not really mean that they could eat his flesh, even though Jesus himself said, “they may eat his flesh”?
Now I have always been taught that if I say “may I sit down here”, that is not talking about some unknown and undisclosed time in the future or unknown or undisclosed event in the future. Most people would usually say, sure you may sit down here, glad to have you join us. So the concept of may I or you may is usually talking about real time, especially since in the original it is an Aorist tense, which is NOT a future tense.
**Question 12
You seem to also suggest this means something like, “any man may eat”, but not really now and not really you guys until sometime in the future, which I am not telling you anything at all about ever, since you are not invited to the Last Supper.
It seems this is what you are suggesting, but I am not sure, can you clarify this?**
**Question 13
So I am just trying to figure out how Jn 6 is supposed to be taken literally, if this was not a real offer to the people he was actually speaking to at that time? Like when he said, if you “eat my flesh” you will HAVE eternal life, So he means real flesh and real blood, but when he says “you may eat it” and “except you eat it” and you will have eternal life, that part is NOT to be taken literally, even though they are in the same sentence? That he really meant to tell them they would have to wait for some undisclosed event at some unknown time, even though he said “He that eats”, which is in the present tense, which John used, not me. **
**
Question 14
That they had the choice to take it, but they walked away from it at the time it was offered. So of course how can someone walk away from something in the present time that was not really offered to them in the present time and is actually a past tense, as in “if any man may have eaten in the past”?**