Is it wrong to pray for justice in a divorce?

  • Thread starter Thread starter goodguy2342
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goodguy2342

Guest
If someone has wrongly been persecuted, deceived, slandered and abused, is it wrong to pray for Justice?
 
It’s not wrong. But at the same time remember the words of St Paul:
‘To have lawsuits at all with one another is defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded?’ - 1 Corinthians 6:7
 
Justice, like patience, is an intimidating thing to pray for. 🙂
 
I won’t pray for patience. I have endured anyway…

If I could tell my story maybe it would be more understandable.
 
Wrong? Probably not. Unless by “justice” you mean revenge, which is a very different thing.

But speaking as a divorce attorney, you might want to try praying for patience, understanding, forgiveness - those sorts of things. They tend to be more helpful in the long run.
 
True… But, being persucuted, decieved threatened and abused should warrant some justice.

It’s difficult to sit idle while its happening to you and your children and to be virtually powerless.

In lieu of running, like I feel I should, I am waiting on God in the worst of situations despite my wants.
 
No chance… I gave her the option. There is no truth in her. It’s unfortunate and she is a severe Narcissist to the bone. So utterly destructive and really has perpetrated evil acts.
 
No. I was reiterating my emotion of the ordeal. Folks all to often speak so plainly without giving any great thought to what hell on earth someone is innocently experiencing in the name of faith.
 
You don’t sound like you are looking for justice. You sound like you’re looking for revenge.

I’ve been harmed by many people. I still can pray that I develop the ability to forgive, the patience to endure, etc.
 
You are mistaken… Don’t let my description of personal experience sway you. It’s possble to forgive and move forward not stay in a toxic potentially dangerous situation where abuse continues.
 
No one suggested you should stay in a toxic situation. What has that to do with your inquiry? You asked if one could ask for justice if they have been wrongly slandered, deceived, persecuted, and abused. I suggested it might be more helpful to pray for forgiveness, patience, and understanding.

At that point you (who are claiming to have been slandered against) called the other party a “severe Narcissist”, “so utterly destructive” and stated they have “perpetrated evil acts.”

I think you need to look more critically at your situation and the role you play in it.
 
Last edited:
I will repeat what I said.

You may pray for justice. I doubt you will find it especially helpful to your situation to do so.
 
None of my prayers have, honestly.

This after much has been my last resort in prayer.
 
None of my prayers have, honestly.

This after much has been my last resort in prayer.
Maybe you need to stop praying for what you think you deserve and start praying that God helps you to understand what He is trying to teach you in this moment.
 
I was reiterating my emotion of the ordeal.
That, I think, is the key. Your emotions are driving you. And when emotions rule, logic tends to take a vacation. We don’t know, nor can we possibly know only hearing facts from one party, what the objective situation is. My main point is that what you believe to be justice in your emotional state may not be the same as what someone else, whether a disinterested human or God, believes to be justice.
 
It’s never wrong to pray for justice.

And… make sure your heart and motivations are pure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top