J
JohnGerard
Guest
Thanks for the conversation, Rossum, and sorry for the messy post. I am obviously a rookie and still trying to learn how to post and respond.Then we have two different entities, God, who does not change and What-God-is-doing which does change.
I agree.
Since one thing cannot both change and not change, then we have two different things here.
I agree. We have the perfect God who does not change, and His actions which do.
God does not change, but cannot create.
I do not see how that follows. God does not change because He is perfect, but He can act and when He does He acts perfectly. I think we are splitting hairs if we are going to say God “changes” because sometimes He is acting and sometimes He isn’t. That doesn’t change who He is.
What-God-is-doing creates but is not unchanging.
I do not see how that follows either. It isn’t “what-God-is-doing” that creates, but God Himself. If a potter is making a clay pot, we would say, “That person is creating” not “What-that-person-is doing creates.” So we would say God is creating.
There is indeed. Being unchanging very much limits what you can do. You can only do today exactly what you did yesterday. Doing anything different is a change. Being unable to change is extremely limiting.
I don’t see how being perfect limits what God can do at all. Isn’t that the ultimate freedom? He can do all things perfectly. He can only do today what He did yesterday…Be Perfection and act Perfectly. How is that limiting?
rossum