Is reverse aging a sin?

• Thread starter Thread starter JacobHarrison
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JacobHarrison

Scientists have done experiments on mice where they have reversed the effects of aging. It is speculated that in the near future, they will start doing human trials, and eventually life might be prolonged to 1000 years. Would taking such anti aging drugs be pro life just like other modern day medical technology that helps old people live longer, or would it be a sin against nature?

It’s not a sin so long as the technology and medicine involved are ethical.

In other words, no aborted fetuses, taking organs against people’s will, stuff like that.

Last edited:
There are two questions here. One is a proof of concept in mice. Ask yourself, do I want to live for three, four or five hundred years or a thousand?

The other involves practicality. This has already been addressed in science fiction. Would it be practical to live a lot longer than humans do now?

Ethics usually go out the window once certain people get involved.

What is the retirement age for somebody who is expected to live a thousand years?

The answer is: by that time, no one will die. Unless they fall off a cliff or get shot.

Oh, about 850 give or take 50 years. At that time, you can collect Social Security, which will most likely amount to about $10 a month. So be prepared to work a very long time and save and invest all you can.

Yes, my first response was “I definitely have no desire to live for a thousand years!”. I’ve already had a reprieve as I am a cancer survivor, so another 20 years would be a great blessing. I mostly want to be around to emotionally support my teens as they become adults. As much as I would love to be a grandma, I’m not sure how I feel about being a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandma.

Yeah, but just think about how many grateful grandchildren that will be available for yard work 😀

Well most young adults given the choice would prefer to continue to be agile over becoming old and feeble. As for practicality, it would benefit medical care because with a decrease in age related illnesses, heart attacks, and strokes, doctors can focus more on solving other kinds of medical problems.

It is speculated that in the near future, they will start doing human trials, and eventually life might be prolonged…
As it is with cancer drugs tested on mice, they rarely make that leap to success in human trials. And, if we believe in a loving God Who has prepared a perfect eternity for us, why on earth would we prefer to remain here in this drudgery, only to be killed in a traffic accident or a fall down a flight of stairs? What is the message to God in that?

Because if we live longer, we might live to the end times and partake in the Battle of Armageddon against the Antichrist. That is very exciting.

Last edited:
Based on my research, there will be no medical problems in the next hundred years. Also, these people will be on other planets.

Hmmmm… OK, so what if you are not intended to participate? What if it’s 2,000 years from now? 3,000 years? You still have to stand before God and explain your 1,000 year life.

Blood flowing up to the horse’s bridle does not sound like an environment I would want to wade through. If you must see something like that, find a CGI or Pixar flick and settle for that.

Longer life can save more souls because it gives sinners many more chances to repent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back