Is The Orthodox Church on the brink of even more schisming?

• Thread starter Thread starter 2ndGen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are saying there was an altar in the upper room at the last supper?
The altar in the liturgical books is often called a table. Why is that?

In the Orthodox Catholic Church, to be a parish, the parish must have an "antimens (Greco-Latin: “instead of the table,” the table in question being the bishop’s altar in his cathedra). It’s a silk cloth with relics, and the bishop’s signature (i.e. his permission and blisssing) with an icon of Christ entombed. It is spread out at every DL, which CANNOT be celebrated by a priest without it, as he is only the stand in for the normative celebrant, the bishop.

Ah. The MP and the EP. One is lusts for power and the other is pro-choice. Oh yeah, that’s a Church we should be seeking communion with. Jeesh…
A could name a few cardinals who combine your slanders into one person, one of whom was a favorite last conclave.

Anybody think the tone in this thread is healthy? On either side?

Obviously if I’m a catholic and know what I believe and another guy is an orthodox and knows what he believes, we both know that we disagree. Does that HAVE to mean we are nasty to each other?

What evidence do you have that the EP is pro-choice? This is a bold charge and should be withdrawn if you can’t back it up.

In Christ,
Anthony
Ah. The MP and the EP. One is lusts for power and the other is pro-choice. Oh yeah, that’s a Church we should be seeking communion with. Jeesh…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back