Is the UN a Force for Good or Ill in the World Today?

• Thread starter Thread starter FightingFat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Norwich:
News Flash. In Jakarta today the countries involved in relieving the desperate plight of those caught in the Tsunami have ALL agreed that the finances should be handled, distributed and controlled by the UN.

Ooops.
Lets hope they get the help:gopray: God Bless

40.png
FightingFat:
The UN has been under criticism lately, I have to say, in debating with American friends, I have found a new perception of what I thought was a force for good in the world. .

Ask the people of Ruwanda or Sudan. I know Chirac and Shroeders personal bankers love the UN.

40.png
Norwich:
News Flash. In Jakarta today the countries involved in relieving the desperate plight of those caught in the Tsunami have ALL agreed that the finances should be handled, distributed and controlled by the UN.

Ooops.
No oops —for over ten days now Kofi and his auxiliary manager have been traveling to and staying in in expensive hotels and conferences meeting after meeting with those in “charge” in these respective nations lobbying them, making promises and urging them to “unite” behind the UN. These people are the same ole, same ole. The coalition that the US made with the Aussies and Japan made them both angry and frightened. It was already on the ground doing something besides talking at the problem and heaven forbid it became publicly acknoledged that the UN will talk themselves to death before they do much and then there are all those offshore bank accounts to be conributed to…all that money bypassing them gave them nightmares.

40.png
Norwich:
I despair!! please note JB = George Bush, TB = Tony Blair. To my knowledge he’s not American yet!

Why does the word Paranoia come to mind.
I thought it was GB… Don’t mean to be pickey… But???

Suitably corrected. GB it should be, although why anyone should bother I don’t know.

40.png
Norwich:
Suitably corrected. GB it should be, although why anyone should bother I don’t know.
Nitpicking causes it’s own problems…😃 Enough of the criticism already…on to different topics please.

40.png
Norwich:
I didn’t know if you ment it some other way. It was just a question.

IMHO, all you need to know about the UN is that they flew their flag at half-staff for the demise of Yassir Arafat, but not for the funeral of Ronald Reagan.

40.png
Wolseley:
IMHO, all you need to know about the UN is that they flew their flag at half-staff for the demise of Yassir Arafat, but not for the funeral of Ronald Reagan.
I was unaware of this. That now makes it 1001 things I don’t like about the UN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back