Is there a point to let go?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dourbest
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dourbest

Guest
As most of us have, I have lied in the past. Yet I have not always corrected myself. So months or years in the future, do I have to repair, if I’ve moved on and changed, and the truth will do little good (I plan on speaking w/ my confessor, but I can’t for a while). When do I draw the line?
 
You’ve asked this same question a lot.
I’m not busting on you, but I am concerned you may have some scrupulosity?
 
Ask SPECIFICALLY at your next confession.

Settle it.

Forever.

If you are still bothered by these recurrent or intrusive thoughts, that is a pretty fair indicator of anxiety/OCD/scrupulosity.

No reason to have doubts. No reason to be plagued by what is already forgiven. Help is available and can be extremely effective at restoring your peace of mind.

You know when Jesus said “Peace I leave you, My peace I give you”? (John 14:27)

Yeah.
 
This is indeed scrupulosity.
Speak with your confessor about this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top