Is this Amazonian Synod as bad as people are saying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prodigal1984
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prodigal1984

Guest
I keep reading about this synod and how bishops are warning against it etc such as Burke. Is this Synod really this bad or is it more the traditonal outlets which are reporting on it this way?
 
Last edited:
I dont know. Nobody knows. We shall see. My guess is the worst thing to come out of it will be ambiguity. That seems to be the current governing philosophy of the Church. It also could be a big fat nothing. It is one if the first synods recently that I feel meh about
 
I think the best course of action for the average layperson is to pray to God and ask His protection on those involved in this Synod.

Apart from this, what influence does the average layperson have in altering either the working document or the finished document? None. So I personally do not see the point in getting myself upset, anxious, troubled over what may happen as I can do nothing to change it, apart from imploring God to protect His Church.
 
I’m praying to Our Lady of Good Success. If you haven’t read her prophecies (from hundreds of years ago) you will find them very interesting.
 
You know how eras get names, “The Victorian Era”, "The Age of Reason’, etc?
My guess is that years from now, 1950-2050ish is going to be known as “The Century of Ambiguity”.
 
I think the best course of action for the average layperson is to pray to God and ask His protection on those involved in this Synod.

Apart from this, what influence does the average layperson have in altering either the working document or the finished document? None. So I personally do not see the point in getting myself upset, anxious, troubled over what may happen as I can do nothing to change it, apart from imploring God to protect His Church.
I think we can also write letters to our bishops, the USCCB, etc
 
When the amazon is burning I don’t think it’s bad for a synod to discuss ecology…
 
Last edited:
Can anyone give me a summary of the working document? So far I’ve only heard vague statements from the posters themselves.
 
When the amazon is burning I don’t think it’s bad for a synod to discuss ecology…
There’s nothing wrong with ecology. I question why two-thirds of the synod is dedicated to it. The document has dozens of pages about it. I question why, if they’re so concerned about clericalism as it states, they have to have a synod of bishops make it their primary concern instead of asking the lay people to lead the charge.
 
Last edited:
It is the same Cardinals who wrote the Dubia and I find news here, nowhere else at least in Spanish . Like all quiet to say it somehow.
You have asked I answer.
As I was reading C. Brandenuller’s, part of it because I honestly didn t even finish reading it, his words account for nothing about not like Medellin, Aparecida…it s as if he didn t belong ( well he doesn t …to CELAM), even his language is different.There are words as inculturation that he gives a weird twist which made me at least wonder if he has had any exposition to Amazonia or a part of it.
Through his words ( if they accurately express what he is thinking which I am not judging) he sounds very distant, and cut from any pastoral concept so it makes it difficult to see what his reservations are even before it has started.
As if we weren’t understood , as if it were a different language he is using.
I won’t dispute a Cardinal of course, but there are serious bishops involved in the Synod who do understand these pastoral issues.So I sincerely do not see the point of having to be pointing anything out when there are bother bishops involved in the Synod,and who know the situation.Why doubt that they will do their job well?
From the bottom of my heart, I don t understand them , nor this attitude,nor this need .
But they are our Church so, so be it.
 
Last edited:
Can anyone give me a summary of the working document? So far I’ve only heard vague statements from the posters themselves.
Roughly:
  • Listen to the native peoples more
  • Incorporate their culture and spirituality into Catholicism as much as possible
  • The stuff going on in the Amazon is bad
  • Colonialism was bad
  • Cultural imperialism is bad
  • Women are great and “must assume a leadership role in the Church”
  • Clericalism is bad
  • The Amazonians have so much to teach us and are so connected to nature
  • We must listen and accompany
 
Thanks, except for the women’s part (which is strange) and the part about colonialism (which I don’t agree completely), I don’t see the points as bad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top