S
suissemissed
Guest
So, at work today a customer asked me if I could turn on some arcade games for his kid… I responded by checking with my manager. My manager asked me if I knew how to turn them on, and when I replied that I didn’t, he said, “Just tell him no, the games are on a timer, then.” I said, “Are you sure, could you just tell me how to turn them on?” He replied again, “No, just say they’re on a timer.”
So I went back out to the customer, and told him that “we can’t turn them on.” When he asked why, I said, “My manager said they’re on a timer.” And then, after a momentary pause, I added, “That’s what he [my manager] told me to tell you.”
So, obviously my manager lied, but did I sin? And if I did, is it mortal/venial? I’m leaning towards no sin at all, or at most, venial (I didn’t mean to do anything wrong, I wasn’t sure what to do). I didn’t technically tell a falsehood, did I? I didn’t say “The machines are on a timer,” but “My manager said the machines are on a timer.”
Anyways, thanks in advance for everyone’s advice
So I went back out to the customer, and told him that “we can’t turn them on.” When he asked why, I said, “My manager said they’re on a timer.” And then, after a momentary pause, I added, “That’s what he [my manager] told me to tell you.”
So, obviously my manager lied, but did I sin? And if I did, is it mortal/venial? I’m leaning towards no sin at all, or at most, venial (I didn’t mean to do anything wrong, I wasn’t sure what to do). I didn’t technically tell a falsehood, did I? I didn’t say “The machines are on a timer,” but “My manager said the machines are on a timer.”
Anyways, thanks in advance for everyone’s advice