D
DMC12
Guest
being able to walk around naked without having any impure tought is the optimal.
but it is more an utopic idea.
but it is more an utopic idea.
In your example, the result of the alcohol is clear and certain. In the case of dress, whether it is immodest or not is open to opinion (in most non-extreme cases), and the effect on any individual is unknown.I find it interesting that many would feel it a sin to give alcohol to someone that has clearly had enough, but think nothing of flaunting temptation towards others through immodest dress.
One wonders to whom “we” refers, and who you think “we” are!Well for starters, this is an interesting debate.
I think as a whole we do have to realise that we are a different culture than Europeans and South Americans.l
Well I find men’s biceps and abs highly arousing and I KNOW other girls find shirtless muscle-y guys sexually appealing so CLEARLY boys shouldn’t be allowed to take of their shirts during practice at my CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL. A person’s face can be appealing though I doubt anyone here would advocate for covering THAT.The starter post
A women would make me have sinful thoughts if they walked around topless but I strongly encourage my wife to as much as possible after the kids are asleepI have been wondering is it a sin for women to expose their breasts and/or a sin for me (as a guy) to look at them. I know in Europe women go topless and it is considered totally fine. However, in America it is not considered appropriate (for the most part). So I’m wondering since breasts have no sexual purpose (therefor not likely to temp men to sexual thoughts) they should not have to be covered. (same as a mans chest) Now you could argue that is does temp men, but why is that as breast have no sexual purpose?
should/ could we adopt the European train of thought?
sorry if my question is not so clear its kinda written by my train of thought
also sorry for sounding perverted.
It hasn’t always been that way even in Anglo North America and it really hasn’t always been this way in the West, indeed at one point bared breasts were the fashion in the Middle Ages.Well for starters, this is an interesting debate.
I think as a whole we do have to realise that we are a different culture than Europeans and South Americans.
We weren’t raised around nudity so toplessness is a sin in my book unless it is around adults only. If a woman wants to take her top off on a beach with children than I think it is a cry for attention or exhibitionism, whatever word they want to use.
If it is the company of adults who I am to judge? Judge not yet to be judged, right?
Also, breasts in our culture is sexualized, it always will be.
Women showing cleavage is sexy, that is the way it is. Name one red-blooded North American male who won’t say Salma Hayek or Sofia Vergera has beautiful breasts?
Kate Upton is jogging in a white bikini for this movie, “The Other Woman”. A blond model with natural DD breasts running on a beach is sexual, no doubt about it!
DittoWell I find men’s biceps and abs highly arousing and I KNOW other girls find shirtless muscle-y guys sexually appealing so CLEARLY boys shouldn’t be allowed to take of their shirts during practice at my CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL. A person’s face can be appealing though I doubt anyone here would advocate for covering THAT.
With faces: Clear skin indicates health and a lack of disease. Symmetrical features indicate a lack of genetic birth defects.well some people have said that men are attracted to breast because there is an instinct ingrained in men that tells them that big breast=good source of nourishment for offspring and that wide hips=large birth canal…hmm so what does a pretty face mean?
also should topless small breasts be allowed? they cant possibly imply a good source of nourishment
Did the Fall change things besides awareness of lust?Now, I realize bodies, male and female, were created by God and are good. However, keep in mind, we are** post** the Fall of Adam and Eve. Ever since that, nothing has been the same. We felt a need to wear clothing, especially before God.
I also see on your profile that you are Catholic. That being said, I’ll refer to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a9.htm
Please scroll down to 2521-2533.
Further, catholicmodesty.com/
catholic.com/blog/michelle-arnold/the-blessed-virgins-guide-to-catholic-modesty
Anyway, I hope that clarifies the position any good, practicing Catholic needs to take.
Does dirty mean morally wrong?There is a definite line between the female body and porn.
I think to make sure a child understands that a male/female body is not dirty in anyway, and should be appreciated for its beauty…ALL parts of the body. I think its wrong for parents to tell their kids its dirty or something they should not be looking at.
But that child also needs to understand porn IS wrong, so watching 2 people engaging in sexual intercourse would be dirty, as its no ones business but the 2 people involved and should not be done in front of an audience, but to simply look at and appreciate a male or female body is definitely OK and a child should not be told otherwise. usually boys starting noticing the female body around the age of 11-13, but it is almost engrained in them that it is somehow wrong and dirty…this is the result of people trying to say Gods work is dirty and should not be viewed…my opinion anyway
Because nudity in another context is looking at something that doesnt belong to you and should be kept private-its theft.How so?
No. It doesn’t.There’s nudity in countless churches. Also in the Vatican.
Doesn’t that suggest we can be relaxed about nudity?
Before the Fall, how did people know that lust was open to be between spouses?No. It doesn’t.
Matthew 5:28
Parallel Verses
New International Version
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
New Living Translation
But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
English Standard Version
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Ed