Is toplessness sinfull

  • Thread starter Thread starter rotcguy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what is the legitimate purpose to baring one’s breasts at the beach? If it’s not to attract men sexually, or be an exhibitionist, why do it?

What is better about beachgoing topless, rather than in a bathing suit?

God Bless
Why dont you strap patches over your nipples and find out :rolleyes:
 
On the rare occasion I go to the beach, I wear a T-shirt, unless I’m actually in the water. I never sun bathe, it’s incredibly unhealthy. But, I see no reason to inflict my pale chest, and flabby belly on the rest of humanity. I’d be perfectly fine with a law banning toplessness for men as well as women.

Further, the vast majority of women wear a bra every day, for support/comfort as well as modesty. Why is the beach different?

God Bless
 
On the rare occasion I go to the beach, I wear a T-shirt, unless I’m actually in the water. I never sun bathe, it’s incredibly unhealthy. But, I see no reason to inflict my pale chest, and flabby belly on the rest of humanity. I’d be perfectly fine with a law banning toplessness for men as well as women.

Further, the vast majority of women wear a bra every day, for support/comfort as well as modesty. Why is the beach different?

God Bless
As far as I know you’d be better off outlawing flabby bellies…

Im just gonna butt out of this thread, im done.
 
As far as I know you’d be better off outlawing flabby bellies…

Im just gonna butt out of this thread, im done.
OK, I still don’t get why a woman wants men ogling her naked breasts on the beach, though.

God Bless
 
Can someone please explain to me why a woman would want to let a bunch of strangers see her topless?

God Bless
🤷 I sure wouldn’t. My body is mine, not the world’s! I’ll never understand the “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” mentality.
 
I think Pope John Paul II. summed up this discussion very clearly:

“We should not qualify partial nudity of the body as impure if there is an objective reason for its use”

From the book: Love and Responsibility by Cardinal Karol Wojtyla

An excellent outlook on modern dress, morals and even total nudity,

traditioninaction.org/ProgressivistDoc/A_007_WojtylaNudism.htm
(Card. Karol Wojtyla Defends Nudism)
 
Since Phalanx is going into contentious attack dog mode, I’m going to elaborate more on my post from page 1 in stronger terms:

The so-called ‘American Puritanism’ you are speaking of is really a myth isolated in the minds of aging white Western Europeans. Except for among niche groups here and there, if you go topless anywhere in Asia, you will be scorned. If you go topless in Latin America, you will be scorned. If you go topless in the Middle East, you will be scorned (to put it lightly). If you go topless anywhere in developed Africa, you will be scorned. If you go topless in Eastern Europe, you will be scorned. The fact is, as far as international expectations go, North America is tilted toward the permissive end when it comes to attire. So its view on modesty are not oddly puritanical: the shrinking isolated bubble of white W. Europeans are the odd ones out.

By itself, this doesn’t mean that W. Europe is wrong and everybody else is right. It could be that everybody else are the ones that are off-base, but even from a physiological point of view you’re going to have a very hard time selling that to the rest of the world. If the allure of an exposed female breast was solely a social construct, then why is its appeal universal? If you show a Chinese man a breast, it will excite him. If you show an Aussie a breast, it will excite him. If you show an American a breast, it will excite him. One of the earliest stone carvings in history is a carving of a woman with gigantic breasts. When I was 5-years-old, I liked my kindergarten teacher’s breasts. Nobody had to teach me to like them. I just did. It’s very hard to dodge the notion that the female breast doesn’t carry a heightened level of attraction to it.

This makes one wonder what the causes are for W. Europe’s permissiveness towards exposed breasts. Have they just achieved a supreme level of godliness that they are capable of allowing exposed breasts without it being a cause of lasciviousness? Why wasn’t it so common for women to go around with exposed breasts during recreation or relaxation in the sun in earlier times? Why did this trend pick up steam post-WW2? Either they are oh-so-great that they have attained a mastery over sexual objectification, or their permissiveness is simply something that accompanies a culture that has deteriorated. I’m going with the later explanation.
 
Someone had to spice things up :cool:

Im not saying that at all. Its no secret “mammaries” play a rather large part of the sexual act, but one doesn’t have to be focused on that every second.

If a 20 year old girl would go swiming topless you’d want to judge and condemn her immediatly to hell because she is being a seductive temptress sent from satan plotting to steal all husbands and damn every male soul. What if a 50+ year old woman sat and sunbathed topless? Oh then she’s also be going to hell, but for some other wierd reason…

“Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, hide yo husband, cuz they they damning everyone to hell out hea”


There is something about this topic that upsets people way more than what it should, and it boggles my mind how unsecure people seem to be with their ability to cope with skin. It seems very naive to me, but yeah. As someone posted, maybe im “wired” differently… I will not be literally aroused by random topless women on the beach. Its childish really 🤷
I’d want to judge and condemn them? Really? You know it’s ironic that not only did I say nothing even remotely resembling that, but you’ve now judged me. And you’ve judge a lot of other people by essentially calling us close-minded perverts right off the bat.
 
The quickest way for perversions and fetishes to develop is to keep breasts hidden from the sight of males.
Men getting turned on by breasts isn’t a perversion. It has always been standard sexual behavior.

If you don’t believe me, check out literally ANY book on evolutionary biology that mentions secondary sexual characteristics. Or look at just about any art, dating back to prehistoric times.
 
Back in the early 1900s, a local artist was commissioned to create a sculpture of a beautiful woman, he held public searches for the most attractive female he could find, it was a big deal back then, so eventually he finds a 16 yr old girl, who a panel finds to be the most attractive out of the group they selected, so he sculpts her and the statue shows her bare chest, but she has kind of sheet covering half of her lower body, similar to the old greek statues, everyone loved the statue and thought he did a great job. I cant remember what state this happened it, but I want to say either NY or Washington, not sure, but I could google it and find out if anyones interested.

However ini todays world, if an artist had done such a thing, he would be arrested immediately, (due to her being under 18), and Im guessing alot of people would question why her breasts were exposed, but I realized this was the US and they were not the greatest judges of what is art, also whether they could even recognize art or not LOL

For some strange reason, (in the US anyway), people seem to equate naked with dirty or evil, which makes no sense, people here ( in todays world at least) to accuse and want someone arrested just because they disagree with their opinion on something like a sculpture. It is really a sad world we live in today, thankfully most other nations are more civilized in this regard LOL I dont find anything wrong with a nude female, it is a beautiful creation of God and is not dirty or evil in anyway, but then again people in the US have dirty minds, so maybe its all they can see, or maybe they call it evil because they dont want to give God credit for such beautiful work? Could be a number of things.
 
Why is it that people see sexuality in everything and anything…
Can’t people see a person and say that person looks nice or attractive…
Why must it always be sexual… if you wish to get overly friendly with anything on two legs with a heartbeat , then you have a problem…
 
Not everything and anything. Just a couple certain things.

I assume you’re not okay with genitalia exposure in public, right? Well why isn’t that okay?
 
Accuse me of whatever sins you like. Still, the issue remaining is one of toplessness. Is it, or is it not, acceptable for Catholics?

I have shown to you that popes have spoken out against it, the Catechism, the Bible, and the saints.
This is not New Guinea where people have never heard of Jesus, the Bible, the 10 commandments, the Catechism, the pope, the saints. If they had heard of him, things might be different. God will judge them according to their circumstances. They often act out of ignorance.
Being personal!
 
I Agree…
Code:
If I see my step daughter without a top does that make me a Sinner... Nope.
I have no lustful thoughts about her at all… not even .000001 %
Does it make her a sinner ? doubt it…
It’s all up to you ,yourself as an individual … it’s all about contex …
don’t look for sin at every human whatever…
Agreed.
 
“Sin is in the eye of the beholder”. For some guys and I would say even say most guys, topless women would be sinful, especially including myself.

The exceptions of course IF it is someone you really do NOT want to see naked. Sorry to be uncharitable, BUT there are some folks who really should not be seen topless. I would think if you are over a certain age, it definitely should be illegal/immoral/maybe downright disgusting to be topless :D:p
Really?
 
Not everything and anything. Just a couple certain things.

I assume you’re not okay with genitalia exposure in public, right? Well why isn’t that okay?
Well if your game to walk around town in commando fashion then that’s up to you,
I have no objection, I wouldn’t do it myself, people would be disappointed,lol
 
… I dont find anything wrong with a nude female, it is a beautiful creation of God …
Do you get the slip up you just did? That says more than most of the other protests by those who would downplay a need for modesty in this thread about why casual female nudity is a demeaning thing.

It
Really now.
 
If that was true, why doesn’t that analogy work if I put gloves on to cover my hands or socks to cover my feet? I’m not a rocket scientist, but I truly doubt that if all women were to decide to walk around topless, that it would cure men from sexual perversion and fetishes. If so, then any man who visits strip clubs or views pornography, should be saints for not having any perversions or fetishes. 🤷
Both sexes have hands and feet, so covering them will not result in a perversion or fetish. I’ll also bet that those who spend time in strip clubs or viewing pornography do indeed have reduced perversion and fetishes towards breasts.
 
If that was true, why doesn’t that analogy work if I put gloves on to cover my hands or socks to cover my feet? I’m not a rocket scientist, but I truly doubt that if all women were to decide to walk around topless, that it would cure men from sexual perversion and fetishes. If so, then any man who visits strip clubs or views pornography, should be saints for not having any perversions or fetishes. 🤷
Hello Evania, I have a great solution,
, and that is,All males should have breasts themselves,
Maybe then they might calm down a bit,lol,
 
Both sexes have hands and feet, so covering them will not result in a perversion or fetish. I’ll also bet that those who spend time in strip clubs or viewing pornography do indeed have reduced perversion and fetishes towards breasts.
Everyone’s got a buttocks as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top