1
1ke
Guest
Uh, why have you put up with this craziness for TWO YEARS?
These things are not fixable. Move on.
These things are not fixable. Move on.
I second this!Here’s my advice: Break up. You’re wasting your time and her time with these major roadblocks and are probably dragging this out more than you need to.
I’d also add: Grow up. A man does not order his girlfriend/fiancee/wife around. A real man and a real husband leads by example and in doing so entices his wife to follow him by his mere action, not his words. And they should **BOTH **be following God.

LOL, this is really all the advice you need, but I will elucidate a little too.Uh, why have you put up with this craziness for TWO YEARS?
These things are not fixable. Move on.
I think that people were just responding the best they could to what you wrote. No one here knows you or your girlfriend personally. The only information we have is what you chose to share in your post. And I think that the vast majority of responses here were good and fair responses based on that information.I appreciate the comments from those users which were generous toward me/my girlfriend. For those which make the assumptions about my girlfriend or me, I am upset that I would receive that kind of judgement on this forum. I am not looking for people to tell me what my problem is or what my girlfriend’s problem is. I think she is a wonderful and beautiful person and I don’t want her to change anything.
Honestly, I got very upset after reading the first half of the replies which make sweeping accusations and assumptions about both her character and mine. I didn’t read the rest of the replies at first because I was really upset. I even spoke to her about the issue of me being controlling and she said that she really doesn’t think the situations I mentioned were me being controlling but were instead situations where I was expressing genuine concern that she chose to not notice.
Still, I’m glad I saw the later replies because many of them really spoke to my heart. Many of the comments I’ve read here have sparked a lot of deep thought for me and I’m sure that they will make for a great discussion for my girlfriend. I do appreciate the comments from everyone who took the time to respond genuinely and fairly to both my girlfriend and me without passing judgement. While some of the comments did upset me, I understand that negative responses are always to be expected. I actually feel much better about our relationship after reading a few of these posts.
Either way, I think I’ve gotten enough responses to this thread. Please do not post any further replies as I think most of what can be said has been said. I ask that all of you, even those who believe me to be a controlling, overbearing, and generally bad person, will pray for me with the kindness and charity that God would want. Thanks again, and God bless you all.
This. Maybe he isn’t controlling and she isn’t insecure, but from what he wrote, he sure made it sound that way.I think that people were just responding the best they could to what you wrote. No one here knows you or your girlfriend personally. The only information we have is what you chose to share in your post. And I think that the vast majority of responses here were good and fair responses based on that information.
Now, if the information in your post was wrong or misleading in some way, then yes, some of the replies could have been off-base, and based on faulty assumptions. But again, I think that the replies made reasonable conclusions, and gave good advice, based on the limited information that was given.
Sounds like you were going to do what you wanted to do in the first place.
Good luck. Sounds like you’re going to need all of it you can get.