E
EveningSkye111
Guest
and fully man.
I’ve been having a conversation with a catholic about this for several weeks. Bear with me as I go between websites to get the conversation over here. I’m positive I’m right and she’s pretty well told me I’m crazy.
It all started out with her saying that God has always been and that Jesus didn’t come along until much later.
Her: Why do you feel this way? So God is also Jesus? Is it in the Bible stating so? I’m curious now.
There is the trinity, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Why would Jesus be praying to His Father just before he got arrested, while His Apostles slept?
Why does Jesus say, if it’s your will Father, let your will be.
This isn’t the exact wording, but you know what I mean.
There’s many more incidents when Jesus is talking to His Father.
You know don’t forget God is the Almighty and Jesus is not only Holy, but also man.
Me: Jesus is the second person of the Trinity. Jesus has always been and always will be. Jesus didn’t just come along, He’s always been, always will be. Jesus IS God. Jesus became man, with all the weaknesses of man. But He never ceased being God. Never sinned.
Her: Show me where Jesus is God in the Bible, because some verses then just don’t make any sense.
Me: Jesus Christ is fully man and fully God. The Bible presents Christ as unique. He is both a perfect man and is co-equal and co-eternal with God the Father. He is one person with two complete natures - human and divine. Jesus Christ was God incarnate and he also was a complete human being. These two natures have come together into the one person of Jesus Christ.
He is “the second person of the Trinity” - He arrived here fully with the Holy Spirit - always was/always is - the Great “I Am”
Immanuel/Emmanuel = Jesus Christ = "God With Us. Please read John 1:1, read all of John.
Her: where in the bible does Jesus say I am god worship me.? Answer me that.
Me: I can’t believe this. Why not just ask your priest?
Her: i don’t need to ask anybody. God gave me the answer. If Jesus was God why didn’t he do anything until he was baptized. If he did then the holy spirit didnt need to come.
Me: I can’t believe this.
@@@@@
She won’t talk to me anymore and is calling me nasty names everywhere.
Am I all wrong?
I’ve been having a conversation with a catholic about this for several weeks. Bear with me as I go between websites to get the conversation over here. I’m positive I’m right and she’s pretty well told me I’m crazy.
It all started out with her saying that God has always been and that Jesus didn’t come along until much later.
Her: Why do you feel this way? So God is also Jesus? Is it in the Bible stating so? I’m curious now.
There is the trinity, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Why would Jesus be praying to His Father just before he got arrested, while His Apostles slept?
Why does Jesus say, if it’s your will Father, let your will be.
This isn’t the exact wording, but you know what I mean.
There’s many more incidents when Jesus is talking to His Father.
You know don’t forget God is the Almighty and Jesus is not only Holy, but also man.
Me: Jesus is the second person of the Trinity. Jesus has always been and always will be. Jesus didn’t just come along, He’s always been, always will be. Jesus IS God. Jesus became man, with all the weaknesses of man. But He never ceased being God. Never sinned.
Her: Show me where Jesus is God in the Bible, because some verses then just don’t make any sense.
Me: Jesus Christ is fully man and fully God. The Bible presents Christ as unique. He is both a perfect man and is co-equal and co-eternal with God the Father. He is one person with two complete natures - human and divine. Jesus Christ was God incarnate and he also was a complete human being. These two natures have come together into the one person of Jesus Christ.
He is “the second person of the Trinity” - He arrived here fully with the Holy Spirit - always was/always is - the Great “I Am”
Immanuel/Emmanuel = Jesus Christ = "God With Us. Please read John 1:1, read all of John.
Her: where in the bible does Jesus say I am god worship me.? Answer me that.
Me: I can’t believe this. Why not just ask your priest?
Her: i don’t need to ask anybody. God gave me the answer. If Jesus was God why didn’t he do anything until he was baptized. If he did then the holy spirit didnt need to come.
Me: I can’t believe this.
@@@@@
She won’t talk to me anymore and is calling me nasty names everywhere.
Am I all wrong?