V
vicwestlad
Guest
One thing that distinguishes Christianity from other ideas of the afterlife is that Jesus didn’t just become a god when he died, like Roman Emperors. He came back to life in the flesh, in a human body, the same one that was lying in the tomb (transformed but still human). That’s why the tomb was empty.
But I’ve never quite understood this concept. I see two main problems with it: (1) It seems superfluous to me. (2) It’s either functioning or it’s a facade.
What can Jesus do with a human body that he can’t do without it?
Thoughts on either, or both?
But I’ve never quite understood this concept. I see two main problems with it: (1) It seems superfluous to me. (2) It’s either functioning or it’s a facade.
- Superfluous
What can Jesus do with a human body that he can’t do without it?
- Functioning or facade?
Thoughts on either, or both?