Jews for Jesus, What they think of us...

• Thread starter Thread starter DiStefano
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
DiStefano said:
I found the following on the WEB and need some help responding to the hurtful language used in this response…

Question
· * Is Roman Catholicism True Christianity? Are Catholics true Christians?*

Answer
· Is Roman Catholicism True Christianity? Are Catholics true Christians?

I feel that it is time for me to speak out about Roman Catholicism. The more I have found out about Roman Catholicism, the more convinced I’ve become that it is a false religious system that can not save its followers. I am even more disturbed because an increasing number of Evangelical leaders, and even some Messianic Jewish leaders, are accepting Roman Catholicism as a valid system that brings salvation (even though it does not).
snip

!

This is actually extremely mild compared to some things said about Catholics, trust me there are people out here that hate you, your families, your kids down to the 7 th generation with a vengence. Of course it is done in Jesus name, which I find rather ironic. If it means anything, I am sorry for what people say about the Catholic faith.

I found the original post on this thread to have some things in common with chapter 23 of Matthew where Jesus levels numerous harsh criticisms of the religious leaders of his time. However, there are at least two important differences.

Jesus begins his criticisms with the admonition to his disciples

“The scribes and the Pharisees have taken their seat on the chair of Moses.
Therefore, do and observe all things whatsoever they tell you…”

and he ends his criticisms of their practices with the following:

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how many times I yearned to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her young under her wings, but you were unwilling!”

I believe that most, if not all, of the criticisms Jesus leveled at the scribes and Pharisees have been true of the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic church in various times and places. I believe Jesus would state these criticisms freely today but I also believe he would stress the importance of appropriate respect for the chair of (in this case) Peter.

I believe he would also give the criticisms in a spirit of frustated love like a mother trying to correct her obstinate wayward children - as he did to the scribes and Pharisees in his day.

Anyone who is for Jesus should see this is the way God would have us respond to the errors, great and small, that church leaders have made throughout the centuries.

-Jim

40.png
Audrey:
Christianity is really the completion of the Jewish faith.
I absolutely agree and think all Christians would be better Christians if they fully understood that.
Thanks for sharing

-Jim

I absolutely agree and think all Christians would be better Christians if they fully understood that.
Thanks for sharing

-Jim
True. And it goes the other way too… It will great if Jews know that they will be completed if they become Catholic Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back